RBTA Price

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So this local guy is selling all his saltwater stuff and has 5 rbta. He's going to be selling each one for $35. I was wondering if that was a good price compared to the size. Here's a picture of them in the background. The one in the front is a seabae.

image-1313091336.jpg

That's the only one he has ATM but he will b posing more soon.

Around me rbta go for 85-100 so I say good deal jus make sure it's healthy before you buy um

What's a good sign of it being healthy? Like rich in color?

that's a good price. what lighting is he using on them?

Ya thats a pretty good price. It should be not bleached, inflated, and have a nice looking/undamaged foot. Goodluck jake we can be anenome buddies lol

Excellent price. Almost too good to be true.
The anemone should have a good strong coloring. Really light color indicated bleaching.
It should be inflated and appear to be trying to stay in the light (mine attached under a rock and stretches up to the light).
When touched, there should be the slightest hint of stickiness. Or, if you can observe it being fed, it should grab the food quickly and pull it towards the mouth.
Bubbles on the tips mean very little, but it should not look scraggly.

MacDracor said:
Excellent price. Almost too good to be true.
The anemone should have a good strong coloring. Really light color indicated bleaching.
It should be inflated and appear to be trying to stay in the light (mine attached under a rock and stretches up to the light).
When touched, there should be the slightest hint of stickiness. Or, if you can observe it being fed, it should grab the food quickly and pull it towards the mouth.
Bubbles on the tips mean very little, but it should not look scraggly.

I think he got it all

Thanks for the advice guys! I'll let him know that I'm interested.

Gboy66 said:
Ya thats a pretty good price. It should be not bleached, inflated, and have a nice looking/undamaged foot. Goodluck jake we can be anenome buddies lol

Hahaha yeah we can!

It *seems* to look healthy. But under only actinic lighting, it can be difficult to gauge strength of color.

There's another local guy selling gbta for 10 dollars each. Good deal?

image-3926134664.jpg

A rbta for anything less than $50 is a great deal in my opinion. :)

I just won a rainbow red one in my reef club raffle last month and it was selling for $200 in the store!!!! Craziness I tell you...... lol

I would jump on the one for $10 without a doubt though!

carey said:
A rbta for anything less than $50 is a great deal in my opinion. :)

I just won a rainbow red one in my reef club raffle last month and it was selling for $200 in the store!!!! Craziness I tell you...... lol

I would jump on the one for $10 without a doubt though!

Nice! Thanks Carey. They don't look too green in the picture though. Will they color back up with good lighting?

The color may look different under different lighting, keep that in mind. Everyone uses a different set of bulbs so the colors of the tank can vary. You want an anemone that is full and has sticky tentacles. Not all rbta's will bubble all the time either. Mine tends to bubble alot when the blues are just on but not as much with both white and blues on. Each nem is a living creature so they can have alot of different habits depending on their enviroment, they each pretty much have their own personality. lol

Yeah that's true. I'm just afraid the green bubble tips may be unhealthy.

They dont look too healthy from the picture but at that price its worth a shot. Go for it.

Do you guys think it will turn back to color after a couple of months with good conditions?

Back
Top Bottom