Re stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Gross

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm still cycling this 100gal...have been for a coupla weeks now. If my last readings hold true it appears as though the cycling may be at its last stages.

I've been doing alot of reading lately on every-stuff you guys are discussing...most recently>>>fishtank stocking (ig) what types of creatures are good for what types environments.

Being as how I live in Bigbear Calif. ....( mountain area) and going into town is comparable to the old western days in that we don't do it much...I was wanting to pick up a couple critters this week while I'm down there...and I'm wondering what kind of shopping list I could fill which would survive these last-cycling days....in a 10gal...until everybody gets transferred to the big tank.
I'm aware that I need some turbo snails...shrimp(s)...etc but what would be a good fish choice for say to keep this algie/sea grass (looking stuff) in check...and will most fish survive inna smaller tank ..?? after bringing 'em back up the mountain-temporarily...until I get a greenlight response from you good folks-that my tank has cycled itself into a healthy place to live.?????????

Congrats on the cycling of the tank. Im new to this hobby as well so Ill let the profesionals be the final word. What are your water paremeters. As long as your nitrate and ammonia are 0 I think you will be fine. Your nitrate should be 0 but mine is higher and my fish seem fine. "Im still doing 3 day PWC to get it down" As far as fish go, we need to know what kind of tank you want in the end. Fowler, reef, aggressive or peaceful. That will make a difference with what kind of fish you will want. No matter what fish you get may I suggest a cleaner shrimp. We just g bought one and with in 5 min of being in the tank he was already cleaning my Naso Tang. The fish almost fight waiting in line to get to this shrimp, really neat to watch. Good luck with the tank, they are a blast.

Back
Top Bottom