read the bottel before adding things to your tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattodom01

Aquarium Advice Newbie
so i bought this bottle of amquel plus in an attempt to lower my nitrates down from 40ppm to... anything less than that. in my haste i dumped some in w/o reading the bottle where is says wait 24 hours between measured doses. i assumed it wouldn't matter because regular amquel doesnt. should i expect everything to die? or will it be fine? water change? already did a 5gal (25gal tank)

i have some little red mushrooms that survived the tanks recent move and they are shriveled up and doing poorly. the 1 fish i have, a blenny, seems unaffected, as do the crabs and cleaner shrimp

advice?

thanks

I would do a pwc. That should help with the nitrates and the overdose. I would recommend doing regular water changes and try to find souce of nitrates.

If you have the ability to add carbon that might help remove some of the additive.

I agree. So many better ways than just adding chemicals. All that stuff does isbind the ammonia up. It`s still in the tank. Do PWC`s instead. I thought amquel was for ammonia and not for nitrates.

Back
Top Bottom