ready take it to the next level....Advice will be greatly appreciated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dalton0608

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
whats up guys. Ok, I've been planning on getting new lighting for my 10 gal. nano for a couple days now. Only prob I'm having is deciding which kind to get. I am set on a LED fixture but cant decide what would be best for what I'm wanting to do in my tank. I would eventually like too be able to support SPS/LPS and also softies, shrooms, and maybe a fan or a couple polyps. Pretty much I would like to get a light system that will give me freedom to introduce whatever I want into the tank. BTW, my budget is between $50-$150.....ahead of time thanks for the help guys

also, for now in my tank i have an established colony of anthelia and a breeding pair of tomato clowns. The fish and coral are doing perfect, as far as lighting goes I am using two 20 watt Coralife 50/50 bulbs that are about 6 months old but seem to still be working well

Last edited:
I would go with 1 aquamana 165W dual spectrum hanging LED

Retail is a little over $200 but on amazon you can get them for about $139.99

-Tropical water diver? and marine lover.?????

Might be a bit overkill on a 10 gal tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They are very dimmable though

I say it's better to have a light I can dim down than to have one not bright enough!

well I'd rather spend a lil less money and get something not as strong instead of having to dim it down

Just going with what you said your budget was.

Your not going to spend less than the Taos and still come away with good lights

Right but everything I'm seeing says that the 120w taos would be way too much light for just a 10 gal.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Then go with a par bulb, but that's not going to be enough for the highest light demanding creatures. I've run a RB value unit over a 10 with no problems though

Back
Top Bottom