Ready to cycle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WebbedFishToes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
SO today I went and picked up supplies to get MY saltwater tank Started. Just wanted to check with you all to make sure I got everything to begin the Cycle. SO I got a 75gal tank, 4 bags of live sand, A Filter, A heater, refractometer, Aqua vitro seed, 63 pounds of Live rock and saltwater.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sounds good to me,[emoji846]
I'm assuming you have test kits as well to follow your progress on your cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a great start. Toss the rock in, fill with sand, add the water, then get a cocktail shrimp and tie it in some pantyhose and let it rot. A basic Api test kit will let you track the nitrate cycle til you're done.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Now that you mention it I would like to test the water myself? I was going to have the pet store do it but this will give me something to do during the longgggggggg wait lol

Which type of kit should I go with?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001EUE808/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1472800266&sr=8-2&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=api+master+test+kit&dpPl=1&dpID=41rTq%2BnHmZL&ref=plSrch#immersive-view_1472800856810

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000HHOAIY/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1472800266&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=api+master+test+kit&dpPl=1&dpID=51r-RphZxZL&ref=plSrch

The Api master test kit is the one you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok cool thats the one I will get then:)

I do have another question concerning the live rock. I have them stored in Styrofoam containers with wet paper towels wrapped around the top. I got them yesterday and thought that I would be getting my stand in today so I could get them in the tank and get the water covering them. However it seems that I wont get the stand till tomorrow... I poured some water over them again today to make sure everything stays moist. Will the rocks be okay till tomorrow?

I personally would recommend Salifert test kits, but at the end of the day the choice is yours[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom