Real Ocean Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bacteria grows on surfaces, not on the water. It will do nothing for your cycle. IMO, it's a big waste of money. buy a RODI and salt mix.

this is probably exceptionally stupid, but what about real ocean water? (as in, going to the ocean with a bucket and filling up)

except for the fact that the ocean is probably the dirtiest thing in new jersey and that wouldn't be recommended for anybody remotely near here... would it be beneficial in any way to fill a tank with water from a real ocean (like from the caribbean or something)

i'm talking hypothetically here. i just have such strange questions, i'm sorry.

You dont need to. Today`s saltwater mixes are good enough and just as good. And you dont have to worry about parasites in your water.

It is economically better to buy sea salt to mix yourself. This product is worthless. I call it the rich lazy mans way of water changes.

$10 will buy at least 25 gals worth of salt and the mixture 10 times better.
Just my opinion of a company trying to re-invent the wheel so to speak.

I saw there ad in a mag the other day and laughed. They market it as fill your tank with this and just add fish.

Sorry...it's crap. Do NOT waste your money on this. Total snake oil.

Yes, the last time I went into Petco they really pushed this stuff...but it just didn't make sense to me? $2 a gallon for saltwater, when I can mix a gallon on my own for less than 40 cents? How lazy is that!

I bet their markup is extremely high on this item, and is a high profit item...probably why they push it so much!

Paul

Back
Top Bottom