Real Salt water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While its still on sale - the cost is $26.00 shipped (5gal). I use about 500 gal/yr. That would only be about $2,600.00. I better hurry up and get mine before all the sea water is gione!

I was reading the reviews on it and it apparently is no different from you mixing your own sw and the cost adds up fast as Devilishturtles pointed out.

I trust my RO/DI water that I use to mix my own SW with far better then I would something that is premixed or "real" saltwater.

I live on the water and weather depending I ussually get my own ocean water for PWC's. I will sell you all you want for $8 a bucket. I found a secret spot where there is a lot of that stuff, lol

Keep in mind, this "real" seawater has been completely sealed in a bag with no air or circulation for who knows how long. Seems like kind of a waste of money, IMHO. This hobby is expensive enough, I will stick with my RO/DI water and salt mix at home as well.

Live sand in the bag usually doesn't have a lot of "life" in it. With out water movement and O2 things tend to die. Water isn't "alive" the critters that are in the water column are alive.

I'd rather save the money and mix the salt myself. It doesn't kill me to place 10 cups of salt into my RO-DI water and turn on the pump.

Back
Top Bottom