Really Stressed Yellow Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russian65

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, my yellow tang is really stressed out. Yesterday i added a pair of butterflies to my 72 gal. aquarium. I was thinking that i should add epson salt to my tank to lower stress levels. How much epson salt should I add?
Thanks in advance.

I've heard of adding epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) to freshwater tanks to aid in a fish that is constipated but in a saltwater aquarium it will only aid in making your Calcium available to your corals if you have any. Who gave you this information?

Dont add any epsom salt it wont relieve stress. Those two butterflies you added are probably the reason for stress.

Just figured it out, the new butterflies infected my tank with worms/bacteria.

Plus they're have a similar body shape as the tang. He prolly thought he was about to be ganged up on. Huge stress factor there alone.

It was actually a bannerfish(aka Heniochus Black & White Butterflyfish), and they felt comfortable at first. One butterfly died, and so did the tang. I think it might have also been calcium/mineral deficiency because the second butterfly felt bad before, but after adding supplements, he felt better, and came out of hiding. Plus, my tang was afraid of the dark, so it kind of died from shock, too.
Thanks for all the advice.

SO! That's the reason for Moonlights.............:[

Back
Top Bottom