Rebuild 40 breeder softy/LPS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your question of the coral on the previous page- it's definitely a birdsnest, but either seriatopora caliendrum or guttatus, not hystrix. Hystrix has the sharp pointed ends.

Thanks for the ID guys...

So in a fit of being tired of my skimmer producing barely green tinted water, I pulled it out and cleaned the whole thing out, body and pump. Pretty nasty stuff built up in the pump and the plumbing. It seemingly is producing a lot more
bubbles, which could/mostly likely be in my head, but I'll see what it produces from here on out...

Will also add this... The output pipe, the water is exiting nice and even and barely any turbulence.

Pre-cleaning the water was rushing out really quick, turbulent, and splashing water everywhere. Basically had to dry the inside of the cabinet daily... Glad it's resolved.

Have a few more SPS lined up for this weekend, don't know which way to go. He's got red planet, purple or green stylo, a nice red monti he will frag for me, and also for LPS a nice bubble coral which I've always wanted.

I would really like a nice size monti, and glue it to the back pane of my tank... Is this possible?

Have a few more SPS lined up for this weekend, don't know which way to go. He's got red planet, purple or green stylo, a nice red monti he will frag for me, and also for LPS a nice bubble coral which I've always wanted.

I would really like a nice size monti, and glue it to the back pane of my tank... Is this possible?

It's you can for montis on the glass. I've been wanting a red planet for a while now but refuse to pay shipping. Been trying to get my guy to order them in, but they haven't been on the list from his suppliers.

It's you can for montis on the glass. I've been wanting a red planet for a while now but refuse to pay shipping. Been trying to get my guy to order them in, but they haven't been on the list from his suppliers.

Ok cool, pretty excited about that... What's reasonable pricing for red planet, so I can expect it...?

I have some. I can ship you guys a piece before the fall. Remind me towards the end of the summer and I'll cut some frags...if it doesn't die on me.

I have some. I can ship you guys a piece before the fall. Remind me towards the end of the summer and I'll cut some frags...if it doesn't die on me.

Well... Thanks! That would be awesome...

Skimmer post-cleaning is really pulling its weight around here, finally..

It uses 3 watt Epistar emitters with lenses. I believe this is very similar to the same parts used in the Tao fixture. It might be just fine. Interested to know how it works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It uses 3 watt Epistar emitters with lenses. I believe this is very similar to the same parts used in the Tao fixture. It might be just fine. Interested to know how it works for you.

Ok... I did also notice it's full spectrum. My tank is finally maturing and Id hate to go and mess things up. Could going from blue/white to full spectrum be a possible disaster, or do I just need to acclimate properly?

It's the PAR you need to worry about. Start them out slow and ramp them up over a weeks time. The full spectrum part doesn't do much more than make the corals look better IMO. That's why I use them.

Back
Top Bottom