Rebuild 40 breeder softy/LPS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahh...xenia....a friend to some.....A NIGHTMARE TO OTHERS! :D
It looks cool, but it can be a bit invasive.

Aware thanks X... Ever hear "happy wife, happy reef tank"? She likes it, and it allowed me to get a $75 wall hammer I was drooling over ?

LOL...no worries....I have some in my current DT.

I had some in my last 40 and it didn't grow... Something was somehow thwarting it, and my palys/zoas were going crazy... I'm hoping for the same selectivity...

Any consistent reason why 50% of my mushrooms look like they just swam in some cold water?

They look fine to me. Maybe they are hungry :huh:

I'm gonna be picking up some phytoplankton today... Haven't had a chance to get to the LFS that sells it, and all I have is Rods Original fish only food. Anything else the softies like to snack on?

I feed my Duncan and dendro rods fish only food. They seem to like it. Maybe try a bit with the shrooms?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Do shrooms actually accept food like Duncan's do? And should I spot feed?

Phyto is a waste IMO. I suggest something large enough (perhaps mysis, or at least cyclopeeze) for that large mouth to be of use.

Phyto is a waste IMO. I suggest something large enough (perhaps mysis, or at least cyclopeeze) for that large mouth to be of use.

Fair enough. I'll give the rods a go next feeding...

Yep..just turn the flow off and let it land on the mushroom. They should close up on it and swell up a bit.

Yeah try it their food has different sized stuff in it so it should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks guys I'll try that... Now onto Sunday water change and pick up some new coral and fish... Hoping for a yellow watchman and pistol :cool:

5 peppermint shrimp, 1 coral banded, 3 headed hammer, 1 thick headed frogspawn later...

Still very mad

Love frogs

Shrimpster..

Some new pic from today:

FTS

Wall froggie

Elegance

Another wall frog

Branching frog/ zoa frag/ wall hammer

Evicted 3 out of 4 pep shrimp to my sump last night. Couldn't catch the 4th quite yet. I'm convinced they've been harassing my elegance and duncan...

Caught the 4th pep. They were wreaking havoc. An example of them going rogue as they were dismantling my elegance coral. No more pep in the tank. Elegance has opened right back up...

FTS. How's she looking these days?

Finally got around to hooking up my media reactor. BRS single with MJ1200. I'm running 1 cup of Phosgard to see if I can nip this algae that has started in the bud. Also fashioned a top for my sump for the drain section. Still waiting for a bit more plumbing to arrive next week.

Back
Top Bottom