Rebuild 40 breeder softy/LPS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New additions. 2 very nice pieces of wall frog. Nice blue and green to them. Thought wifey was gonna kill me, however never asked the price. So I guess I'll survive the night...

Very cool! I don't see alot of wall frogspawns in my area. Nice score for sure!

Frogspawn are one of my favorite corals because they can grow so close to each other and you can make a little garden of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a different wall frogspawn that almost resembles more of a hammer/frog cross, as it has far less "dots"... Is this a different type/name?

Frogspawn are one of my favorite corals because they can grow so close to each other and you can make a little garden of them.

Thats my plans with my torch and frogspawn. I think I might add a hammer or octo with a blue color and be done. They can take up some room once they start to grow. I just cut 7 decent drags off my frogspawn. Euphyllia gardens are nice.

5nIANxQ.jpg

I have a different wall frogspawn that almost resembles more of a hammer/frog cross, as it has far less "dots"... Is this a different type/name?

I've heard people call the hamfrogs. Lol. Very interesting, but it happens.

Thats my plans with my torch and frogspawn. I think I might add a hammer or octo with a blue color and be done. They can take up some room once they start to grow. I just cut 7 decent drags off my frogspawn. Euphyllia gardens are nice.

5nIANxQ.jpg

That torch is gonna kick the crap out of that frog over time...

Yes, they are very aggressive. I would have at least 4" between it and anything else. My torch extends about 5" outwards which is why it's all the way at the top left of my tank all alone lol.

Yes, they are very aggressive. I would have at least 4" between it and anything else. My torch extends about 5" outwards which is why it's all the way at the top left of my tank all alone lol.

I figured the euphyllias where usually all cooperative with one another. IME the frogspawn is a way faster grower too.

Well you can try it out.. I looked at your pic closely and didn't see any recession or signs of abuse from the Torch. I would try and observe after lights out and see if it extends and hits the frog. I personally just wouldn't take a chance...

I also thought that anything in the euphyllia family played nice, however when I bought my torch my LFS said to give it plenty of space, and they know I'm a euphyllia junky :cool:

I've heard people call the hamfrogs. Lol. Very interesting, but it happens.

Doing a bit of research... Could this be the octospawn/frogspawn difference?

Or is this all just forum copy/paste riffraff I'm reading...

Well you can try it out.. I looked at your pic closely and didn't see any recession or signs of abuse from the Torch. I would try and observe after lights out and see if it extends and hits the frog. I personally just wouldn't take a chance...

I also thought that anything in the euphyllia family played nice, however when I bought my torch my LFS said to give it plenty of space, and they know I'm a euphyllia junky :cool:

No problems so far. They are both fully extended throughout the day touching each other. Not the first sign of any conflict day or night, but I will be watching. Torches along with just about all euphyllia are powerful corals as far as the sting they cab deliver onto other corals. I'm really hoping this works out.

Doing a bit of research... Could this be the octospawn/frogspawn difference?

Or is this all just forum copy/paste riffraff I'm reading...

Octospawns have more dots and different colors, but are pretty much a frogspawn. I have seen a half frogspawn, half hammer. One coral. Thats what I was referring to as the hamfrog.

Sorry! But they are toxic to anything within a few inches. Mine has cleared the area around it of just about everything. At least you know before you loose corals.

Back
Top Bottom