Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-15-2006, 09:34 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Recomended Protien Skimmer for 29 Gallon

Ive been looking at getting a protien skimmer to help me fight my constant algea battle, and dont have any idea as to what a good skimmmer for my tank size would be. I was looking at a Coralife 65 Needle wheel protien skimmer, but i know there are others out there. Would this be a good choice?

29 gallon under construction
TeenReefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:59 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
I've heard good and bad things about the CSS 65. Main thing being it's big and bulky. I have the Aqua C Remora on my 29 and my tank has never looked better.

Look at the thread on this page about the Remora and third post down the person mentioned they were selling their Aqua C with Skimmer box!! You can't find a better skimmer for the price IMO. I suggest you snatch it up quick as well because they don't last long.

Normal price for a used Remora w/pre-filter box is around $110-$120 shipped!

God grant me the serenity to accept the thing's I can not change, the courage to change the thing's I can and the wisdom to know the difference!

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Jermz79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:29 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to FishFrik
Comparing to the Remora's pre-filter box, CSS's pump and bubble diffuser box is nothing. IME, CSS beats Remora
I'm one of those fishnutz, who are actually nutz.
FishFrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:51 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
I have the Coralife 65 Needle wheel protien skimmer for my 30 gallon and it takes crap out of the water like a hot knife cutting butter. My brother has the SeaClone 100 and it dosent pull out the crap as fast as the Coralife 65. I recommend this skimmer. look at my pictures to see it.
30 gallon with 250w 14k HQI lighting
weemanpow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:56 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I love my Aqua C remora. I had it on my 29 and it did an awesome job! I'd highly recommend it.
ntswift is offline   Reply With Quote

29 gallon, skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com