Recomended Protien Skimmer for 29 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TeenReefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ive been looking at getting a protien skimmer to help me fight my constant algea battle, and dont have any idea as to what a good skimmmer for my tank size would be. I was looking at a Coralife 65 Needle wheel protien skimmer, but i know there are others out there. Would this be a good choice?

I've heard good and bad things about the CSS 65. Main thing being it's big and bulky. I have the Aqua C Remora on my 29 and my tank has never looked better.

Look at the thread on this page about the Remora and third post down the person mentioned they were selling their Aqua C with Skimmer box!! You can't find a better skimmer for the price IMO. I suggest you snatch it up quick as well because they don't last long.

Normal price for a used Remora w/pre-filter box is around $110-$120 shipped!

I have the Coralife 65 Needle wheel protien skimmer for my 30 gallon and it takes crap out of the water like a hot knife cutting butter. My brother has the SeaClone 100 and it dosent pull out the crap as fast as the Coralife 65. I recommend this skimmer. look at my pictures to see it.

I love my Aqua C remora. I had it on my 29 and it did an awesome job! I'd highly recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom