Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-14-2006, 10:00 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Recommendations for next fish

Looking for some advice on which fish to add next. Probably my last one. See my current inhabitants in the list below. I'm thinking of adding either a Six Line Wrasse, a Fridmani Pseudochromis, or a Royal Grama. I picked these because I understand they help to control bristleworms. Although I don't mind having a few bristleworms, they are freaking out the wife. And when the wife isn't happy..... well you know the rest.

Will any of these have conflicts with any of the existing residents? (I especially don't want them to eat the featherdusters)
Are any of these jumpers? (Tank partially open at top)

Any other recommendations would also be appreciated.

46 gallon Bowfront
52 pounds of Live Rock and 2.5 inch aragonite sandbed
36 inch Coralife 192 watt Lunar Aqualight with a 10K & Actinic
1 Emperor 280 Bio-Wheel Filter
2 Hagen Aquaclear 802 Powerheads
1 AquaC Remora Protein Skimmer
1 200 watt Heater
3 Blue-Green Chromis, 2 Maroon Clowns, 1 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Emerald Crab
Mixed Zoos, Yellow Polyps, Hairy Mushrooms, Green Starburst Polyps, Toadstool Mushroom Leather
Snails and Crabs... too many to count

jd4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 10:17 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to tecwzrd
fantasyreef has an excellent database that can sort recommendations based on tank size, reef safe, is not a carpet surfer, ect that should help you decide more easily.

tecwzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:10 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Honeslty, if all water parameters are currently of high quality, you may be able to add both a royal gramma and a sixline wrasse (one at a time). You may run into some trouble with the pseudochromis and the clowns. Then again, the maroons arelikely to be aggressive toward any new tank mate. Just keep an eye on them.
Some people are like slinkies...they serve no real purpose yet can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!:p
Have a great day! Brian
lando is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com