Recommendations for next fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jd4g

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Looking for some advice on which fish to add next. Probably my last one. See my current inhabitants in the list below. I'm thinking of adding either a Six Line Wrasse, a Fridmani Pseudochromis, or a Royal Grama. I picked these because I understand they help to control bristleworms. Although I don't mind having a few bristleworms, they are freaking out the wife. And when the wife isn't happy..... well you know the rest.

Will any of these have conflicts with any of the existing residents? (I especially don't want them to eat the featherdusters)
Are any of these jumpers? (Tank partially open at top)

Any other recommendations would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

46 gallon Bowfront
52 pounds of Live Rock and 2.5 inch aragonite sandbed
36 inch Coralife 192 watt Lunar Aqualight with a 10K & Actinic
1 Emperor 280 Bio-Wheel Filter
2 Hagen Aquaclear 802 Powerheads
1 AquaC Remora Protein Skimmer
1 200 watt Heater
3 Blue-Green Chromis, 2 Maroon Clowns, 1 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Emerald Crab
Mixed Zoos, Yellow Polyps, Hairy Mushrooms, Green Starburst Polyps, Toadstool Mushroom Leather
Snails and Crabs... too many to count

fantasyreef has an excellent database that can sort recommendations based on tank size, reef safe, is not a carpet surfer, ect that should help you decide more easily.

Honeslty, if all water parameters are currently of high quality, you may be able to add both a royal gramma and a sixline wrasse (one at a time). You may run into some trouble with the pseudochromis and the clowns. Then again, the maroons arelikely to be aggressive toward any new tank mate. Just keep an eye on them.

Back
Top Bottom