recommended anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redneckgearhead

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone. I think Im ready for an anemone. Can anyone recommend one? wich one is easiest to care for? are their any that are NOT reef safe? thanks for your comments. I LOVE THIS SITE!

IMO the Bubble tip anenome`s are the hardiest. Any of them need about a 9-12 month old tank. Needs to be mature and stable. Check out the BTA.

yea my Ive had my tank since around dec. but its been set up for at least 5 years. and it seems rock solid stable. thanks for the comment

I thought it was a very good question also. Alot of folks dont think about it and just get any old anenome. I gave you some rep points for a very good question.

Last edited:
I'm fairly new, and I got a condy anemone.....really cool, I like it a lot. When food passes by, it grabs it and sucks it right to its mouth!!! Awesome to watch

Anemones are not reef safe, Well they are if you have good lighting and they find a spot to stay put. But if you have a wondering anemone he'll just sting most your corals. So just be careful on that.
For a anemone, I've had a few different types. BTA's are boring i think, Only had one that was OK.
Condys are pretty cool.
But I'd go for a Carpet, Easiest anemone I've had to look after and probably the best to watch eat. If you have the money, A Blue or Red Haddoni Carpet. (But in saying this, They are the most vicious anemone out there. So there is a chance you could loose a fish if they decide to have a close look.) And if you get clowns to host it, The way they sleep in the anemone is pretty funny.

Anything really, Most clowns will host a anemone, But they might not. It all comes down to what the clown wants to call home. Both pairs of clowns ive had have hosted anemone, Took a while. But they did.

Okay... can a small school host an anemone together? Like 1 female 1 dominant male and like 2 or 3 small passive males.

Your building a 320g right?
Depends, Maybe as babies yeah. But once they get a little bigger/older one will turn female and the rest will fight for her. With 320g to play with you might get away with other clowns moving to other parts of the tank but im not sure.

Anemones are not reef safe, Well they are if you have good lighting and they find a spot to stay put. But if you have a wondering anemone he'll just sting most your corals. So just be careful on that.
For a anemone, I've had a few different types. BTA's are boring i think, Only had one that was OK.
Condys are pretty cool.
But I'd go for a Carpet, Easiest anemone I've had to look after and probably the best to watch eat. If you have the money, A Blue or Red Haddoni Carpet. (But in saying this, They are the most vicious anemone out there. So there is a chance you could loose a fish if they decide to have a close look.) And if you get clowns to host it, The way they sleep in the anemone is pretty funny.
Ok thanks I will keep that in mind. I will upgrade my lighting if the one i decide to get roams alot. (good excuse with the wife lol)

Back
Top Bottom