Recommended RO/DI unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
View attachment 304547

Here is a picture of my set up that came with me when I bought my new house. Much more spacious.
Make sure you have a tds meter so you can tell when it’s time to change out your resin and filters to keep the reading at 0.
You’ll also see a pump at the start of my system too. My water pressure isn’t high enough to run the system efficiently. I added that and a gauge to read where the pressure was going into the system. You want it to be around 9. I got these parts from bulkreefsupply.

Is this an alternative to all of that? https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009YD7MU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A2HWQI0AX45OCD&psc=1

No, that is a uv sterilizer. Looks like the one I installed at my parents home. It removes bacteria and such that can be harmful...and also beneficial.
Ro/di is taking out everything from the water. From nitrates to iron, that can be an issue being in your water column.

No, that is a uv sterilizer. Looks like the one I installed at my parents home. It removes bacteria and such that can be harmful...and also beneficial.
Ro/di is taking out everything from the water. From nitrates to iron, that can be an issue being in your water column.

Is there one you recommend?

I’ve had one from bulkreefsupply and am now running an aqua twist unit.

Sorry, I should have clarified. Are those UV sterilizers?

I could use recommendations for RO/di filter system too. I don't have a garage or room for storage tanks. I was looking at some that process 50gpd have around a 5gal storage tank.

Once filtered, what is the shelf life of the water?

Those are ro/di units.
Uv sterilizers are garbage on a hobby grade due to the limited amount of water they can process at one time.
The shelf life of ro/di can almost be unlimited as long as it is stored and stirred. I mix mine up a week in advance at times, usually into saltwater rather than ro. I used to make up ro/di water and store it in empty gallon jugs for as long as I needed it.

Back
Top Bottom