red banded pistol went M.I.A

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

classklown90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so dec28th iwent out and bought my first "real" addition to my 14 gallon biocube. I got a watchman gobyand a red banded pistol. the goby is about an inch long and is just awesome, gurads his cave, sifts sand andeats great. the pistol...hasnt been seen and i can see the gobys cave and the shrimp is never there so theydidnt pair up. Now i know ppl say you can go awhile without seeing a pistol shrimp but they also say you can hear it "click" at night..ive been up every night flashlight searchin and waiting for a click but nothing. The shrimp was tiny, about 1/2 inch. should i assume hes dead? or is there some way i can get him to come out

Wait it out. It may have molted so will be hiding for a bit. Could have gone under the sand somewhere else in the tank. Time wll tell, but it's too early to make any assumptions about its demise.

i hope your right, he was 25 and i really liked him. hopefully he turns up in the next week or two

got tired of waiting for this little 25 dollar waste to show up so i removed all my rock and dug around in the sand..no luck. im going to wait one more week in case maybe he will show up with my new arrangment but after that im going for a regular tiger pistol if he doesnt show up

Maybe its just hiding i have a pistol shrimp(dont know which one) and i never really see it, once in a while when i feed the fish i see its poking out but never all the way out, and its nowhere near my watchman which im dissapointed about it.

well ive never seen mine and its been about 9 days. i really only got it for my watchman so i really dont want it if they dont pair, especially if i can never see it

yea i might try a tiger pistol this time, i like the red banded much better but i had no luck with that kind

haha i am impatient but as far as adding livestock im patient with that. I guess i will wait longer then :/ if by feburary i have not seen or heard him though that is where my patience will run out haha

Back
Top Bottom