Red coraline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigben2057

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I thought this was cyano so i took the rock out a scrubbed it with a paintbrush and its still their what is it?>??

Attachments

• 1334548165937.jpg
    1334548165937.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 117
Looks like red coralline algae to me. Some people think that coralline algae is all a) pink and b) encrusting but there are actually many kinds. Coralline algae comes in just about every color imaginable. Red, yellow, orange, pink, purple, green, blue. Not all of it is encrusting, either! Some coralline algae forms leaf like extensions, and some forms branching extensions.

MacDracor is right. In my opinion this is a desirable algae that should be encouraged. Most reefers desire it. Don't try to rid ur tank of this stuff. It is a bit of a pain when it begins to encrust ur glass. But it's not too hard to scrape off

Razor blades work wonders for removing from glass. I don't know what I'd do if my reef was acrylic, though.

Well thanks that's good news I thought it was cyano. Last week I might have just had Coraline ontology of brown algae that made it seem like cyano.

Back
Top Bottom