Red Hair Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bckane

Aquarium Advice Freak
Tanks been up for about 2 months, 1 damsel bunch of snails and 2 peppermint shrimp. Starting to get spots of brown/red hair algae on the sand bed. Im using r/o water
Please help clean up
red%20sand%20bed.jpg

cyano......not hair algae. siphon it out with airline tubing, do water changes a little more frequently, increase water flow. These will help.

You could probably do with another powerhead in there.. it would help a lot with the cyano.

Right now you have about 10x flow so get at a MJ600 to bring it up to 15x. It should also provide a nice chaotic pattern opposite the MJ1200 you have.

Hara said:
cyano......not hair algae. siphon it out with airline tubing, do water changes a little more frequently, increase water flow. These will help.
i doing a 3.5 gal water change a week, should I be doing more of a water change. I only have 1 fish.....:(

I think your problem is entirely to do with waterflow and dead spots caused by only having one powerhead.

Atari said:
I think your problem is entirely to do with waterflow and dead spots caused by only having one powerhead.
I made the mistake when I bought the 1200 I should have bought 2 600 and placed them in both corners.........MY BAD

Back
Top Bottom