Red Hornet Zoanthids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm wondering if these zoanthids are considered "rare" or not. There's a local person that's selling some of these zoas for a frag (3 polyps) for 30 dollars. Good or bad deal?

Rosseg said:
I have those I payed 10 bucks for about 12 polyps

Oh really! Dang in that case the sellers way over pricing! Guess I'm not going to buy.

Paglaum22 said:
wow. I thought I already got a good one, 3 polyps of blue hornets and 4 polyps of red hornets for $100 :(

They cost that much?? So they're rare?

So do you think 3 heads are worth $30? That's really expensive.

three little heads? no way, not if they are that small

i pay 3 for 30 at my LFS for a small rock full of polyps

not all polyps are created equal. When I googled them, the first 5 links were to stores ranging from 25 to 40 dollars per polyp.

I want to buy some but 3 zoas is a pretty small frag. Will it take them awhile to grow more?

Regardless of the price... Nice looking color !!

I like

Defiantly deal but see if he'll go 20 what's the worst that could happen other than he sticks with 30

Polyp prices vary with some color morphs fetching over 100 bucks per polyp. Its supply and demand that determines prices.

A low supply of a sought after item will fetch a high price. The price of 10-20 per polyp is actually pretty common for uncommon zoas. Only way you will find them cheaper usually is at frag swaps or from someone who has a good size colony.

Many times Online stores have such limited quantity that they initially price a certain coral for many times its value. How much someone is willing to pay for it will determine demand and they then price accordingly to prevent going out of stock

Back
Top Bottom