Red Hornet Zoas????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Punkroc701

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I found this add for a shop in California that has Red Hornet Zoas for sale, I asked if they were the real or the next gen zoas and if they had a way way to show they where which ever one they claimed it to be. I get an answer saying they are the shop that named them and a voucher from them should work if anyone had questions on which they were. I have googled Red Hornet Zoa and looked on everyones favorite encylapedia site and can only find forums asking about them or shop selling them. Can anyone give me some background on these things so I know if it will be a good buy or if I am just being told this so this shop can get an easy sale?

So I found this add for a shop in California that has Red Hornet Zoas for sale, I asked if they were the real or the next gen zoas and if they had a way way to show they where which ever one they claimed it to be. I get an answer saying they are the shop that named them and a voucher from them should work if anyone had questions on which they were. I have googled Red Hornet Zoa and looked on everyones favorite encylapedia site and can only find forums asking about them or shop selling them. Can anyone give me some background on these things so I know if it will be a good buy or if I am just being told this so this shop can get an easy sale?

Did they give you a wysiwyg picture? What shop is it?

The picture is one you can find anywhere on line of the single polyp on a disc, Baycorals I think was the name, I need to look again.

There was a giant surge of "hornet" zoas that came after the original purple hornet craze. People tried to pass off a large amount of fakes that looked generally like them. I bought the original morphs from the guy on ebay right before the article was published in reefkeeper. IMO any hornet morph has to have outstanding colors, and alternating colors in the skirt. If not, then they are probably not "real" hornets. But again, that standard is variable, and they are only worth what you are willing to pay.

True but it just seemed to convenant that they claim to have named the morph is why I am trying to find somebackground on the zoa. I have also seen next gen ones that are just as nice with a lower price but do not have the liniage I guess. I just want to make sure I am getting what I am paying for when and if I do order it.

Back
Top Bottom