Red Knob Star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haus

Aquarium Advice Freak
http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=562

My lfs has a red knob star. It is the coolest looking thing. It looks just like the picture from live aquaria. Has anybody ever had one? I want to get it really bad. Also, I have an Orange Knobby Star and a Choc. Chip Star already. The lfs guy says that 3 stars is no problem, but I'm not so sure. Can I have 3 stars in a 55 gal? If I can get good reviews about the star, I may be able to talk my wife into paying the $32 price tag. It is not really that much considering some fish, but it would be the most expensive item in my tank, not counting lr.

no it wont unless the others are a quarter the size and i still doubt it very simular in needs to the cc star and you should have no problems, i have a 7-8" general with a 2 " cc and never seen any problems at all.

Considering the thing gets up to a foot long, that would pretty much already make it an unsuitable tankmate in your 55g. Liveaquaria also explains it pretty bluntly that as it grows it will change its diet to include other starfish.

Back
Top Bottom