red linckia sea starfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandarinlove

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just purchased a red linckia sea starfish. It is doing well so far. I know all about the PH changes and such, but I was wondering what could possibly hurt the starfish.

Any types of corals or inverts or fish?

Thanks.

I just purchased a red linckia sea starfish. It is doing well so far. I know all about the PH changes and such, but I was wondering what could possibly hurt the starfish.

Any types of corals or inverts or fish?

Thanks.

Harlequin shrimp is the only thing I know of that would attack a starfish. (Thats all they eat).

Id be more concerned with it eating enough than any tank bullies...

Matt

With a 29 you`ll need to feed it. They need a big tank to feed on microbes. Just put an algea tab under it once a week.

Touch it and it will love you forever. Ha lol They are so slow that it would not be a problem to place food in front of it.

Last edited:
As far as I know they are more of a low light animal. My linckia is more lively in the mornings and twightlight times/

I woke up this morning and it moved a lot from last night. It's just sitting there on the glass not moving. So I guess it doesn't "always" move then?

Your correct, If the light gets to strong it will move away and find a less lit area.

Bongo Shrimp eat starfish too, but you should hope you are so lucky to randomly have one of those in your tank :p

Feed him every once and awhile, and it should be fine. They are cool to watch when they do start moving. I think they can grow pretty big as well, but I would imagine it takes awhile.

Back
Top Bottom