Red looking algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kinda looks like some sort of red slime... But also looks a lot like coralline. I would keep an I on and make sure your parameters are in check. I discovered the hard way that it does not take much of a phosphate spike to cause a nasty case of cyano.

Coralline doesn't typically grow below the sandbed line.... reach in and run your finger across it. If it's easy to wipe off & slimy, then it's probably red cyano.

I have the same too and it's on my rocks and sand but its just starting out so its not too obvious. I just see it because I'm always starting at my tank lol!!

I have been told take all the rock out and put in water and bleach over night.... And all the red slime will just come off but then you have to soak it again to make sure all the bleach is gone...

Shut down your filter to avoid damage. When using sand, you need to press your fingers into the sand and turn over once a week to release Amon....then wait until it settles and vac the bottom a 1/2 from the sand and replace water.....then you don't have that problem. When all settles start the filter back up.

Deff do not bleach your rock wow that will do way more harm then good fun gfo to remove the phosphate and it will go away

Back
Top Bottom