Red or Blue?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheRealFF

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im deciding on which ones to get red legged or blue legged hermit crabs? I've heard that red ones are more peaceful but also heard that red ones attack anemones. Help please. thanks

I have both in my tank, I havnt noticed either one being really aggressive. However that being said,,, I have found a few carcasses in the tank. Not sure if they molt and that is what I am seeing, but I will see it any way.

I also have a Purple Condylictus that seems to be pretty uneffected. I have never seen either hermit any where the Condy.

HTH

I have both also and mine arent aggressive at all. They do molt I found the same thing around my tank and thought they died but nope they all showed up again. It is wierd.

I have both scarlet and blue-legged hermits. None of them bother my BTA or LTA.

I agree, I have both and never had a problem with either being aggressive or messing with my anemones.

I also have both but have seen the blues fight each other so I would say they are a little more aggressive. Never had a problem with them and anemones though.

My scarlets seem to grow a lot faster than the blue ones. Perhaps this is coincidence. Does anyone else notice this trend?

i have 3 blue and 1 red, havent noticed any agression with the exception of killing snails for shells, so its best to get some extra shells, lol.

My understanding is that
Scarlet crabs do grow quite a bit larger, but for me have been the longest survivors.
Mexican red crabs stay small.
Most of the common blue crabs stay small, although I have an Electric Blue that is large.

I have not seen any aggression toward anemones
though they do tend to take a swipe at each other often

otherwise they all get along

Back
Top Bottom