Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-09-2005, 06:31 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

I'm a novice to this hobby but check out the branching foraminiferans. It could be one of those. I have a white one growing on my new rock but it's much smaller than yours. The red is quite beautiful....I would love a piece of that as well. Good luck.

Old 09-18-2005, 02:42 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

It is nearly trimming time (has only been 3 weeks since the last trimming). I will post a picture of it taking over the tank. The only creatures that like it are the shrimps and hermits...I think food gets stuck in it and they eat it.

After I post the picture..and you are sure you want some plants. Send me your e-mail address and real address, and I will mail some out. I have no idea the price of shipping..but after I ship it...I will send you an e-mail with the amount and my paypal address. The Plants are very friable...so I will try to give everyone big peices and hope it does not break during shipping. Even broken..it still should grow. I will be shipping the plants in double wrapped plastic bags with damp newspapers to keep things moist and a small manilla evelope. I am thinking that First Class Mail..as it is not too cold anywhere at this point, should be fine.

I do not take any responsibility for "Red, Ravaging Sea Plant" and the spreading of it throughout your tank. Keep a close eye on it. If you just put it near some rock..it should take hold.

Good Luck!

WC

40 Gallon Breeder Salt Water: 4 inch DSB (2/3 Agaramax & 1/3 Sea Flor), Bak Pak 2R Skimmer w/ BBX, 2 x JBJ PHs, Coralife Lunar Aqualight (2x96w), 30lb Base Rock and 40lbs of Live Rock.
Inhabitants: Purple Firefish, Pygmy Angel, Lawmower Blenny, 2 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, Pistol Shrimp(HH), 1 Emerald Crabs, 3 Porcelin Crabs(HH), varying amounts and varieties of hermit and snails.

3 Gallon Eclipse:
1 Goldfish (won free at a fair...cost $50 in equipment)
WhiteCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 02:44 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have some Leathers, Buttons and Xenia for corals..so total darkness will not be an option...but it would have been a GREAT idea!

Thanks

WC

40 Gallon Breeder Salt Water: 4 inch DSB (2/3 Agaramax & 1/3 Sea Flor), Bak Pak 2R Skimmer w/ BBX, 2 x JBJ PHs, Coralife Lunar Aqualight (2x96w), 30lb Base Rock and 40lbs of Live Rock.
Inhabitants: Purple Firefish, Pygmy Angel, Lawmower Blenny, 2 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, Pistol Shrimp(HH), 1 Emerald Crabs, 3 Porcelin Crabs(HH), varying amounts and varieties of hermit and snails.

3 Gallon Eclipse:
Old 09-18-2005, 05:26 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Current Tank Picture:

Here is the current tank picture:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tank1_190.jpg (236.9 KB, 111 views)

3 Gallon Eclipse:
Old 09-18-2005, 06:41 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Wow that is really nice! I might want some too just need to talk to my hubby, it would look great in his tank!

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 11:05 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to IworkatPSP
It looks like some form of Halimedea, but I could be mistaken. Also, it does seem to add alot of color to your tank, i wouldn't mind seein some in my tank either.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:15 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

WhiteCloud,,,check your PM
bckane
3-Maxi-Jet 1200.../w wavemaker
60 lbs CaribSea Aragamax
50 lbs Keys Rock (liverocks.com)
DIY Sump / Fuge 15 gal
bckane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 05:13 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Do not feel bad bckane. I sent a message a week ago too and never heard back.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:31 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

To everybody who has requested some of the Mystery Plant:

I have been working 80 hours this week at work as we are having a huge hospital wide computer conversion at my workplace. I will NOT be able to get any plants out until AFTER Oct 3rd, as I go to work before the post office opens, and I come home way after the post office has closed. I will be getting back to everyone who has PM'd after that date. Also...it will have to be "first come, first serve" basis, as I want to give everyone a good amount, and I have had about 10 requests at this point. For those people who do not get some this month..I will have plenty more next month.

Thanks for the understanding.

WC

3 Gallon Eclipse:

Tags
pics, plant, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com