Red scooter dragonet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jschier

Aquarium Advice Activist
So, in my LFS the other day and was influenced into picking up a red scooter dragonet.....I was interested in them some time ago but not enough to do full research which is normally what I do. Staff was very encouraging and reassured me it would be great. Well....after a lot google and blog searches I'm fearful that it may have a tough time. My tank stats:
16 Gallon Nuvo
Established 4 months
2 OC clowns and corals
20 lbs live rock and live sand
Lots of pods

I can easily stock with pods ( I got a guy). Of course I'm hoping to get/keep him on frozen mysis. I did not observe him being fed in the LFS but his tank had minimal LR and staff said frozen wasn't a problem.

What are your suggestions for other food types and methods to feed. I haven't observed him eating in my tank as he is very shy and still adjusting. Thanks.

Well......sad news......my scooter is MIA.......tore apart the tank and he's nowhere to be found......

Fish can squeeze into surprisingly small spots in live rock. Is it possible he did that? They aren't really strong swimmers to be able to easily jump out of a tank.

Back
Top Bottom