Okay, I just finished 2 weeks where I tested this stuff. Smells like floor cleaner. Dosed as recommended , cranked up the skimmers and the following happened:
First day before dosing Phosphates at 2.00ppm. I had gotten lazy and was feeding heavy, so time to see how this works.
Added recommended dose. 24 hours no visible change but the protein skimmers are pulling up stuff. Nasty stuff.
Second day, added reduced dose, no visible change, but the skimmers are now running bonkers.
Third day, added reduced dose. Oops, the tank goes cloudy with a bacteria bloom. Watched oxygen levels (redox) and fish, no sign of discomfort, so let the skimmers do their work and next day was crystal clear. Phosphates went to .04ppm. Pretty effective! Tank has stayed stable at .07 ppm
for a week with no follow up dosing. Making me reconsider some vodka dosing.
Over that week a 500 gallon system generated almost 5 gallons of wet skim mate.