Red slime algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Red slime is exactly that slime u can take a turkey baster and blow it off coraline is hard and don't blow off u got to scrape it. That's lamens method

Just added new lighting and the red algae grew over recently added reef rock within days. Does coralline algae grow that fast? I want to add some pictures to my album but it doesn't seem to be enabled.

coraline algae

How fast can coraline alge grow over reef rock?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 121
Sounds like a case of cyano bacteria. There r chemicals that effectively eliminate this crap

Coraline algae can take months to cover a rock. Coraline is a very slow grower

Red Slime Algae in reality is Cyano Bacteria. Google it. Compare images with your algae and u can begin the process of eliminating it. Most reefers have dealt with this stuff at some point in their tanks history. Some worse than others. It's not a major issue but needs to b dealt with before it gets outta hand, which sounds like maybe yours has already

Oh, and 1 other thing. I've never seen Coraline on substrate. I guarantee your not dealing with Coraline

Some current pics.

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 94
  • securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 98
I don't c a major issue. Although I'm viewing it on my phone. I don't c any on the substrate. That 1 rock looks like Coraline but u described it as growing quickly. Cyano or "Red Slime Algae" is crimson red and does grows rapidly. Don't know what else to say but good luck. Nice aquarium by the way

How old is your tank? There's about 100 different ways to try and get rid of it. if you lucky you will only have to try one or two things. Personally my tank looked just like yours a month ago and got worse from there.

Back
Top Bottom