I think we need a 10 step cyano
guide on this site. Anyway...
1. Cut lighting period in half
2. check for PHOSPHATES if youre using tap and not ro
3. Use ro
water from a store (safeway has glacier water which is good stuff for .29 cents a gallon) if you dont have an ro
4. Skim, Skim , Skim
5. Nassarius for dsb
, Astrea for lr
, its just that simple.
6. If your nitrates are 20ppm then do a 25% wc
, 10% will only cut the nitrates by 10% , cool huh?
7. Keep circulation high to avoid attachment of it.
8. Keep ca
high and use a 2 part dosing system like b-ionic to encourage coralline growth which inhibits nuisance algae like cyano
9. Feed sparingly, phytoplankton 1-2 times a week and brine shrimp maybe once a week depending on whats in your tank.
10. Be patient, even the best tanks get cyano
its just a pita algae and it comes and goes.
Hope that helps if anyone else wants to chime in go for it