Yes, great cosmetic fix for the dreaded Red Slime... The problem is, is that it does not provide a solution... Think of it as spraying bleach on mold & mildew on your tile in the bath or shower... It disappears, yes. However, the problem still lies in that the moisture that causes it is still there, and it will return...
Red Slime is caused by excess nutrients such as Phosphate (PO4
), and Nitrate (NO3
). It is also said that it thrives on other things such as Silicates, low water flow, high lit areas, low lit areas, bad bulbs, etc... The main solutions to red slime is frequent water changes, feeding sparingly, siphoning it out everyday, and skimming like there is no tomorrow... If you don't get to the root of where it is coming from, it will return to haunt you again and again..