Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-06-2016, 05:00 PM   #131
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

The following steps were performed on the mobile app using an iPhone 5. This may appear different on other mobile devices and not sure how this translates on a PC. "URL" and "link" are used interchangeably.
1. The first thing I did was click on the link. This took me to the Dropbox site where the image was displayed.
2. I then double clicked on the image which then loaded a larger version of the image.
3. I then clicked on the mobile app option to "Open in Safari".
4. In the Safari browser, I clicked on the address bar to Select and Copy the image's URL
5. I pasted the URL into a text editor (in the IOS it's called Notes). In the editor I placed IMG tags around the link. See pic below. *Note: after the image and before the end tag I had to put a SPACE character. Not sure why but without the space, it would not work.
6. Lastly, I copied the image link (with IMG tags) and pasted it into the post.
That was just for ONE image! I'm sure on the DropBox site there is a way to easily get the direct image link instead of the link you provided in the posts above. It would make life a whole lot simpler. Good luck with this.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1470513588.075040.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	288454

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 08-06-2016, 07:06 PM   #132
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2o View Post
The following steps were performed on the mobile app using an iPhone 5. This may appear different on other mobile devices and not sure how this translates on a PC. "URL" and "link" are used interchangeably.
1. The first thing I did was click on the link. This took me to the Dropbox site where the image was displayed.
2. I then double clicked on the image which then loaded a larger version of the image.
3. I then clicked on the mobile app option to "Open in Safari".
4. In the Safari browser, I clicked on the address bar to Select and Copy the image's URL
5. I pasted the URL into a text editor (in the IOS it's called Notes). In the editor I placed IMG tags around the link. See pic below. *Note: after the image and before the end tag I had to put a SPACE character. Not sure why but without the space, it would not work.
6. Lastly, I copied the image link (with IMG tags) and pasted it into the post.
That was just for ONE image! I'm sure on the DropBox site there is a way to easily get the direct image link instead of the link you provided in the posts above. It would make life a whole lot simpler. Good luck with this.
Attachment 288454

Thank you very much! I appreciate it! I think I will look at some other photo hosting websites too and see how they work! Thanks again, that's a if help.

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:50 PM   #133
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry about the checkerboard wrasse having to go back. I do like that fox face though, he is very nice.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:07 PM   #134
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Those sb lights are gonna do awesome on this tank! Nice new fish.

paul87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 11:45 PM   #135
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdonaldson View Post
Sorry about the checkerboard wrasse having to go back. I do like that fox face though, he is very nice.

Thank you, I am so happy he is doing well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul87 View Post
Those sb lights are gonna do awesome on this tank! Nice new fish.

I'm so excited, I can't wait to get this tank looking better with some quality light and coral!
Old 08-22-2016, 02:49 PM   #136
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hi everyone! I have so many updates to share, I figured I would talk about them/show them instead of typing about them!
Check out the video (many more to come in time as well).

https://youtu.be/LMIkHqRy15U

Thanks for following!
Old 08-23-2016, 04:21 AM   #137
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice video RedSea. I like the bangai

Old 08-23-2016, 04:28 AM   #138
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Nice video RedSea. I like the bangai

Sorry hit the reply button by mistake. I really like the those Cardinal fish. Good luck with the cardinals having babies.

Old 10-02-2016, 04:42 PM   #139
Aquarium Advice Addict

EVERYONE HI! Long time no see! And boy, do I have some exciting things to share! Let's spash right in to it!

So, new fish wise....

I have two Black and White Clownfish that I have added to the 125g, and they are SOOO CUTE! I bought them last Sunday and they are doing great. They're really active, like, REALLY active, which surprised me a little bit because I am used to Clownfish chilling in the corner of the tank, lol. The larger one in particular enjoys racing the six feet from one side of the tank to the other, it's a blast to watch!
A lot has been going on on my 29g too, actually more so than here, so check out the thread for that tank too! oh, and I can't remember if I mentioned on here. I did return the Checkerboard Wrasse back to the LFS. I really liked him, bout couldn't risk him eating my shrimp as a snack down the road.

And I have a new video coming soon, so you will be able to see the new adds soon!
Old 10-02-2016, 04:43 PM   #140
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Sorry hit the reply button by mistake. I really like the those Cardinal fish. Good luck with the cardinals having babies.

Thanks so much, I'm glad you liked the video!!

Tags
build, red, redsea, sea

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com