Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-26-2015, 09:34 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the post, and I completely agree with you. Better safe than sorry for sure. It may have been fine, but it would have made me nervous, and I was a little confused on the equipment side of things too.

I have to say (though I think I may have mentioned it before ), your Indigo Dottyback in your profile picture looks super sharp! That color is amazing! Maybe I'll have one in this upcoming 125g.

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:36 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea View Post
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the post, and I completely agree with you. Better safe than sorry for sure. It may have been fine, but it would have made me nervous, and I was a little confused on the equipment side of things too.

I have to say (though I think I may have mentioned it before ), your Indigo Dottyback in your profile picture looks super sharp! That color is amazing! Maybe I'll have one in this upcoming 125g.
The indigos are really nice but mine is an orchid. Both very beautiful fish.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:06 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul87 View Post
The indigos are really nice but mine is an orchid. Both very beautiful fish.
Oh, that's right! Oops!
Old 04-26-2015, 11:17 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Really sorry that it worked out this way. But again, better safe than sorry like was said. It would be a cloud over your head the whole time it was setup.

Looking forward to seeing what happens when you get rolling again.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:19 PM   #15
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

You still have a free tank? You could simply re apply silicone or whatever you needed.
Sniperhank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:31 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Really sorry that it worked out this way. But again, better safe than sorry like was said. It would be a cloud over your head the whole time it was setup.

Looking forward to seeing what happens when you get rolling again.
Thanks for the comment, Carey! I completely agree. It may have been okay, but it would not have been worth the worry of something going awry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
You still have a free tank? You could simply re apply silicone or whatever you needed.
Hi Hank!

The original owner has the tank since we decided it would not be a good fit for us. I think the stand may have posed more of a risk along with the way the tank was plumbed. It probably could be fixed, but my handy work is limited. We would have had to invest a bit more money than originally planned.

Thanks everyone for following along. While this is definitely a setback, I'm determined to get a 125g going soon. Sorry about not having any photos/progress to share. Soon hopefully!
Old 04-27-2015, 01:45 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Sad for you, crushing blow. Down but not out. Go get 'em!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:20 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Sad for you, crushing blow. Down but not out. Go get 'em!
Thanks Autumn, I will! I am determined! I will try to make this unfortunate situation into something positive.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:52 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Okay! SO here is an update....and a good one at that! I have found a 125g that actually comes with a wood stand that sounds like it will be sturdy! It is actually coming from a (not so local) LFS, and I will be calling them to start the purchasing process. I am so happy that this is finally happening. I will keep you all updated, and in the meantime I am going to start searching for equipment and getting your thoughts. Thanks so much for following everyone, I greatly appreciate it!
Old 06-26-2015, 12:33 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have let the person know that I will be purchasing the tank, but won't be picking it up until early July. Now the only problem is figuring out how to get it to my house. I guess I just need to find some help; I am going to research how heavy these setups usually are. My last one was delivered, so I didn't have to worry about it. Unfortunately, this LFS does not deliver.

I am so glad to be making progress with this! I can't believe the last time I had a 125g was 2012, it doesn't seem that long ago...

Tags
build, red, redsea, sea

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com