redsea's 125g Build (Again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome Red Sea! I can't wait to see how it turns out, count me in.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Awesome Red Sea! I can't wait to see how it turns out, count me in.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nice tank and stand. Cant wait to see it cone together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How pretty - and its not even set up yet!

Thanks very much everyone for the comments! I started making my RODI water last night so I've begun the setup process finally! :)

Hey guys! Have you ever used an aragonite sand like this in your tanks? CaribSea Aragonite Aquarium Reef Sand | Gravel & Sand | PetSmart

Some pictures of aragonite on google make it look like rocks....I don't really want that, LOL. I like this sand because of the price, but I'm not sure what it will look like...any advice? Thanks! It doesn't need to be super fine, but I don't want the fish to be rubbing up against sharp little rocks either. :)

Slowly but surely I'm getting this tank setup! I've been crazy busy but I'm going strong!

I have a different brand of aragonite, and it is like little rocks probably 1cm at the largest. I would call it a cross between sand, and gravel because it looks like tiny gravel but is light like sand.

I have a different brand of aragonite, and it is like little rocks probably 1cm at the largest. I would call it a cross between sand, and gravel because it looks like tiny gravel but is light like sand.

It's what I have in my tank red. It isn't that big by far.

Thanks both of you! I think I'm going to go with it! :)

Helloooooo! Things are picking up very quickly! The water has been "saltified," as I like to say, and the rock should hopefully be going in tomorrow, hopefully the sand too! :)

Glad to see things are moving along! I'm gonna try to post a carey's new years tanks update, keep an eye out. :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Glad to see things are moving along! I'm gonna try to post a carey's new years tanks update, keep an eye out. :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you, me too! The pace is picking up for sure. I can't wait for your update! I'll keep a lookout for it. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452572648.230979.jpg

Here is how the tank is looking as of now! I have a bunch of rock and sand in there, as well as some koralias and filters. At this point I just need lights and still a protein skimmer! I know I mentioned these a few months back...at this point I'm thinking this model... http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-octopus-bh2000-hang-on-the-back-protein-skimmer-1.html

Any final thoughts? It's been hard to find one! :)

Thanks everyone for following! I'll be adding rock from my current BioCube once I get a protein skimmer and lights, so we are getting really close!

Oh that's right, I'm not sure what I'm doing for lights yet. I definitely want LEDs, but not anything high powered. I'm going to have a heavy focus on fish for this tank rather than coral.

Thanks so much for following!

Is that skimmer going to be enough for the tank? I believe its reccomended to skim at least double the volume you have, 125g tank would be 250g worth of skimming. Are you going to use a sump with this tank?

For lights why not good ole T5HO? It worked in the past and it works now. If you don't want to focus on corals I would go with t5s.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom