redsea's 125g Build (Again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone,

So first off, it says (again) in the title because I have done this before! LOL. Here is the link to my thread which I started in 2011 if you want to see my old tank: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f14/redseas-125g-reef-build-179038.html

I have regretted selling that tank for a while now, so I am so happy to be getting a chance to have a 125g again!

How did I come about getting a 125g again? My neighbor is moving and knowing I love fish, he wants to give it to me along with equipment. :dance: I am so thankful he thought of me and that I will have a chance to enjoy a 125g again. I don't have the tank at this very moment, but we will be moving it here on April 26 (Sunday). Currently the tank is freshwater, but I plan on moving the freshwater fish friends to a new 75g I just bought (wow, another new tank in the house...we all know how multiple tank syndrome works :lol: )

As some of you may know, I currently have a 29g BioCube, which I will be shutting down and moving the inhabitants to the new 125g (Cleaner Shrimp, Mexican Turbo Snails, Hermit Crabs, Black Ice Snowflake Clown, and a Purple Firefish).

His tank used to be saltwater, so I am thinking the tank will have a decent amount of the equipment I will need to use it as a saltwater setup.

That is all for now, I hope you will follow along! :)

Following of course! Don't forget we need pictures of what you get. I love to see the pile of equipment and then months later you see a totally stocked tank and it's amazing how far it will come in such a short period of time. lol But you have done this before so you know already. :)

I'll definitely be following along! This sounds awesome?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Following of course! Don't forget we need pictures of what you get. I love to see the pile of equipment and then months later you see a totally stocked tank and it's amazing how far it will come in such a short period of time. lol But you have done this before so you know already. :)
I totally agree with you, it is so much fun to look at old photos of tanks and look at improvement and reminisce! So much fun! I am glad you are following!
Exciting! :D
Thanks, Paul! I am very exciting!
Woohoo! Maybe I can find some tips for my nano in here :)

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
Hi Caleb, I am glad you are following! :D
I'll definitely be following along! This sounds awesome?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Thanks! Glad to have you on board!

Okay friends! So, I have some bad news and some good news. I will start with the bad first.

Unfortunately, I went over to get the tank today, and it is showing a little more wear and tear than I am comfortable with etc., so I am not comfortable using the setup.

Good news:
I am NOT giving up on getting a 125g! I am planning on purchasing a newer tank when I find a decent price on one. Everything may not happen right away because at 17 yrs. old I don't have tons of money in the tank fund, but I am working on it. :) I can tell you this much...I hope to have my 125g by the start of summer (by the latest, hopefully). :)

Thanks so much for following, I will keep you updated! :)

Okay friends! So, I have some bad news and some good news. I will start with the bad first.

Unfortunately, I went over to get the tank today, and it is showing a little more wear and tear than I am comfortable with etc., so I am not comfortable using the setup.

Good news:
I am NOT giving up on getting a 125g! I am planning on purchasing a newer tank when I find a decent price on one. Everything may not happen right away because at 17 yrs. old I don't have tons of money in the tank fund, but I am working on it. :) I can tell you this much...I hope to have my 125g by the start of summer (by the latest, hopefully). :)

Thanks so much for following, I will keep you updated! :)

Well that's a bummer! Better safe than sorry though.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the post, and I completely agree with you. Better safe than sorry for sure. It may have been fine, but it would have made me nervous, and I was a little confused on the equipment side of things too.

I have to say (though I think I may have mentioned it before :lol: ), your Indigo Dottyback in your profile picture looks super sharp! That color is amazing! Maybe I'll have one in this upcoming 125g. :)

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the post, and I completely agree with you. Better safe than sorry for sure. It may have been fine, but it would have made me nervous, and I was a little confused on the equipment side of things too.

I have to say (though I think I may have mentioned it before :lol: ), your Indigo Dottyback in your profile picture looks super sharp! That color is amazing! Maybe I'll have one in this upcoming 125g. :)

The indigos are really nice but mine is an orchid. :) Both very beautiful fish.

Really sorry that it worked out this way. But again, better safe than sorry like was said. It would be a cloud over your head the whole time it was setup.

Looking forward to seeing what happens when you get rolling again. :)

Really sorry that it worked out this way. But again, better safe than sorry like was said. It would be a cloud over your head the whole time it was setup.

Looking forward to seeing what happens when you get rolling again. :)
Thanks for the comment, Carey! I completely agree. It may have been okay, but it would not have been worth the worry of something going awry.
You still have a free tank? You could simply re apply silicone or whatever you needed.

Hi Hank!

The original owner has the tank since we decided it would not be a good fit for us. :) I think the stand may have posed more of a risk along with the way the tank was plumbed. It probably could be fixed, but my handy work is limited. We would have had to invest a bit more money than originally planned. :)

Thanks everyone for following along. While this is definitely a setback, I'm determined to get a 125g going soon. Sorry about not having any photos/progress to share. Soon hopefully! :)

Okay! SO here is an update....and a good one at that! ;) I have found a 125g that actually comes with a wood stand that sounds like it will be sturdy! It is actually coming from a (not so local) LFS, and I will be calling them to start the purchasing process. I am so happy that this is finally happening. I will keep you all updated, and in the meantime I am going to start searching for equipment and getting your thoughts. Thanks so much for following everyone, I greatly appreciate it! :D

I have let the person know that I will be purchasing the tank, but won't be picking it up until early July. :) Now the only problem is figuring out how to get it to my house. :lol: I guess I just need to find some help; I am going to research how heavy these setups usually are. My last one was delivered, so I didn't have to worry about it. Unfortunately, this LFS does not deliver.

I am so glad to be making progress with this! I can't believe the last time I had a 125g was 2012, it doesn't seem that long ago... :)

Back
Top Bottom