redsea's 29g BioCube Build #1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have my a/c on now, lol, its still hot down here and its supposed to be winter! We just missed a storm coming into Philadelphia too so I'm glad we are back! :)

What are you thinking of adding next? And when?

Good question! I always think of adding a Firefish, or maybe a Goby. I could always get Mr. Black Ice a friend too to make a pair. :D As for adding, I'm thinking probably next week. :)

This one is going okay so far! My first fish did have a few ich spots for a few days, but after chatting with some members on here and thinking, I decided that I wanted to go the route of "building up the fish's immune system against it" as opposed to eradicating it. :) I should be getting a second fish soon too! I have had my Black Ice Clown now since early January! Thanks for asking!

I am building it up by good husbandry, keeping a healthy environment, etc. (Keeping up on PWCs, choosing appropriate tank mates)

So far, everything has been okay, and I haven't seen a spot of ich in more than two months. :)

This process works and is the most natural. My tang fought off ich and it hasn't returned in months.

I purchased a new fish today! A Purple Firefish! He seems very healthy, but is hiding in a little cave. Fortunately, I believe this is somewhat natural behavior for them, especially since he is new. I will be sure to post pictures when he finally comes out, lol. :)

He'll come out eventually. I loved my purple firefish. He was quite the little swimmer and explorer and they're know for not being too active. Too bad he went carpet surfing though.

He started coming out yesterday! :D The only problem is, the Clownfish likes to approach him. He doesn't touch the Firefish, he just gets close. I am hoping this behavior stops soon! I will get pictures soon!

Thanks! I hope Mr. Clown backs off; he isn't hurting him, just being an annoying little bugger, LOL. :)

My clowns did the same thing to him lol and I'm pretty sure it's what led him to jump.

My huge b&w clowns never bothered my firefish at all, it was that darn barnacle blenny that used to harass all the fish. lol

Thanks both of you for your input! I guess I can't be too surprised since Clowns are related to Damsels! :)

Hi everyone, long time no see!

Nothing much has been going on with the tank, I was super busy w/school etc., but my two friends (Firefish/Black Ice Clown) are doing wonderful! I need to catch up on some PWCs and then I will be comfortable adding some new fish, hopefully this weekend or next week. :)

Thanks for following along!

Nice to hear everything is going well. Sometimes no news is good news. :)

Looking forward to seeing what you add to the mix!

Back
Top Bottom