Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-07-2014, 04:12 PM   #121
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea View Post
I fed the little guy again tonight! He eats pretty well, but I noticed he has some white waste.....is that alright? Or should I be concerned?

Thanks guys.
Is it stringy white waste? If so it could be parasites but also could be white because of whatever it was eating at the lfs. If it will eat nls pellets I would recommend feeding them only for a few days. If the waste turns the color of nls it is fine and you have nothing to worry about . If it is still white and stringy some medicated food is in order.

^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Hondatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:14 PM   #122
Aquarium Advice Addict

redsea's 29g BioCube Build #1

Yes, it seemed stringy. Hopefully, it isn't anything too concerning!

Thanks!

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:57 AM   #123
Aquarium Advice Addict

Not sure of there is something wrong. On one of the fins above the clowns head, the little spines have little white things on top....maybe they are protruding for some reason? He is acting fine....any ideas?

Also, I think the water from my machine has a blue tint! I am not sure if my water has always had this, but most likely not. It is kind of odd.

Thanks for reading! Hopefully both of these issues really aren't issues, lol.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:50 AM   #124
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hi there! I'm thinking about setting up a 29 gal myself...how would you rate the biocube so far? Is it loud/cheap parts? I'm trying to find people that have them to decide.
And if I may, could i see pictures of your tank? Thanks a bundle~
Old 01-11-2014, 08:52 AM   #125
Aquarium Advice Regular

Sharkiegirl I love the biocube. Start another thread and you will get many more answers. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 01-11-2014, 08:59 AM   #126
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hello sharkiegirl! I changed a few things in my cube, so I can't really say how well the stock setup will work. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389445149.700725.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	216129 here is a picture.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #127
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

You didnt by chance get any of the lfs water into your tank did you? the reason I ask is my one lfs adds copper to his fish tanks and ti has a blue tinge to it. Just checking!
Old 01-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #128
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
You didnt by chance get any of the lfs water into your tank did you? the reason I ask is my one lfs adds copper to his fish tanks and ti has a blue tinge to it. Just checking!
Thanks Carey! I do remember getting a slight bit, but not much.

Oops, I forgot to mention that it is the water in my RO/DI bucket that appears to have a blue tinge. It is frustrating me because I need to top off the tank, but am afraid to continue with this blue water. I want to think that I am just making it up, but that probably isn't so realistic because a few people that have looked at it said it appeared blue.

It is so odd, because when I still had the tube of the RODI in my sink (not in the bucket yet), I noticed the water was blue, but just thought the blue tube was making the water look blue.

I don't know what is up.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:29 AM   #129
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

How new are the filters on the ro/di unit? Is it the portable one from eBay or a BRS unit?
Old 01-11-2014, 12:11 PM   #130
Aquarium Advice Addict

It is the ebay one from purewaterclub.

Setting up this tank was actually it's first use, so it has only been used a few times.

Tags
29 gallon, bio, biocube, build, cube, red, redsea, sea

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com