Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-09-2014, 11:01 PM   #181
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I have the Gen2 control as well. This just came out not too long ago & what i meant by dual control. You can now sync/time each wave maker. Look at the pic and you will see the web page addy..Next group buy im getting a few more & new control.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:04 PM   #182
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

awesome. Looking up the site now. Thanks so much!!!

Old 02-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #183
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have some sad news to report. I lost my Cleaner Shrimp, and ran into another problem when I went to remove him. I went to put my hand in the water and felt a shock, and I have no idea what is causing this. I know that stray electricity in water is a big issue, and am not sure what steps to take. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks everyone.
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:40 PM   #184
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

You are going to have to unplug things one at a time then check if the water still shocks you . When you do not get a shock whatever you unplugged needs to be replaced . When you do this make sure the heater is actually on . If it is not on when you do this test even if that is what failed you won't know it .good news is unless you have a grounding probe in the tank the fish won't be harmed .
^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Hondatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:36 PM   #185
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks! We also have one of those electrical current probe devices, so we tried that. The meter did not show anything, and it did not get a shock when touching the water. Like you were saying, however, the heater was not on at the time. The heater may very we'll be the culprit.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:18 PM   #186
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hey all!

So I made a fairly modest change in the salinity a few days ago, but am not going all out yet since I am waiting for my refractometer to cooperate (I should be all set in a few days).

Mr. Clown is still 100% okay with absolutely no signs of ich, in fact, he hasn't showed any signs since those few days a while back. Of course this makes me want to believe that it was something else, but I know that is largely unlikely. So, I will wait for the refractometer, and then drop it all the way down to the hypo zone......
Old 03-10-2014, 10:45 PM   #187
Aquarium Advice Addict

Alrighty! Here is the goal....this weekend I want to have my salinity down to hypo range. Whether there is ich or not, this will be a good "safety-net." From here on, new adds shall be quarantined, I DO NOT want to go through this again! It's been a bit busy the past few months, but that is my goal.

The Clown is still doing great, happy as ever.

Thanks so much for reading!
Old 03-10-2014, 11:30 PM   #188
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Glad the clown is still doing well!!
Old 03-10-2014, 11:48 PM   #189
Aquarium Advice Addict

Me too! He must be a little lonesome though, LOL.

He wiggles around the tank all day like Clowns do.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:50 PM   #190
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I miss having little clowns. lol My b&w's just hover in their corner and dont do much. The single one in the 90g is the same way, he hangs out all the time between the left wall and the overflow. Silly fishies

Tags
29 gallon, bio, biocube, build, cube, red, redsea, sea

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com