redsea's 29g BioCube Build #1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep there is room for both. I have an open section now as I pulled out the fuge basket. I run a UV on occassion so I put it in that space.

Yep there is room for both. I have an open section now as I pulled out the fuge basket. I run a UV on occassion so I put it in that space.

Great, thank you! A big help as always.

Since I am a bit low on the fish funds right now, I probably will not change anything right away, but I definitely will look at spiffying things up when I get some more money :lol:. Saltwater fish-keeping sure can be expensive!

Here is that picture! Just the box right now, but soon we will all get to see a tank! :)

Attachments

• image-3484074554.jpg
    image-3484074554.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 267
As requested here's a link to my shrimp/goby pair. Apologies for the quality and the algae on the glass, that type is one of the bad side effects of feeding live phyto :-(

As requested here's a link to my shrimp/goby pair. Apologies for the quality and the algae on the glass, that type is one of the bad side effects of feeding live phyto :-(

Thanks for posting, I really like your pair! I love how they can exit or enter on both sides of the rock! :)

They actually have 7 entrances that I know of. Always gotta look for em haha

That's funny about your pair of Goby and Shrimp.

I ordered the InTank media basket for my tank Thursday night! That will be great to use, as there will be no bio-balls! Today I should hopefully be getting the stand together and maybe filling the tank with rocks and water. Since I want a shrimp and goby pair, I should probably put the rock in before the sand, right? Will the sharp rocks hurt the bottom of the tank?

My only other concern was the location of the rocks. Unfortunately, they needed up in the garage near fertilizer! They were in a box, I just hope no fertilizer got in. If I wash them off though, they should be okay, right?

Thanks!

I'd put the sand in and then the rock, just so those guys dont dislodge anything. lol It should be fine on the bare bottom of the tank,, just be gentle.

Not sure about the fertilizer, and not sure how you can check. :-(

I'd put the sand in and then the rock, just so those guys dont dislodge anything. lol It should be fine on the bare bottom of the tank,, just be gentle.

Not sure about the fertilizer, and not sure how you can check. :-(

Got it, thanks.

I think the rocks will be okay, as they were separated. I will wash it off very well just in case. :(

Carey-
Is that grate thing at the bottom what I should snap out? Thanks!

Attachments

• image-3545749409.jpg
    image-3545749409.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 227
I'm getting there! Progress is indeed occurring! :)
I am so thrilled to be back in the saltwater world. :-D

Attachments

• image-813467647.jpg
    image-813467647.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 171
I'm getting the new "WP10" Jebao from a group buy at another forum for my 29cube. I will let you know how that goes & should be a good flow for your cube. (y)

I'm getting the new "WP10" Jebao from a group buy at another forum for my 29cube. I will let you know how that goes & should be a good flow for your cube. (y)

I was thinking of picking up a WP10 for a 30g but I'm not sure if 2 koralia 425s on a controller would be better to get more flow around the tank.

Nice and shiny new tank! Love it! lol

I just have a 425 koralia in my cube and it works fine, there are no dead spots between the pump and the return. :)

I put some egg crate on the bottom of my tank and then I put the rock on that. Then I put in the sand. My yellow watchman and pistol shrimp are also all over the place

Thanks everyone for posting!

My tank actually came with a pump.....I wonder how that will work!

In other news, I am currently in the stage of setting up my RODI. I just need to add water, rock, and sand. After that is done, I can finally get cycling!

yay! You'll be done before you know it! Cant wait to see what you do with this tank. So many options and fish to chose from. :)

I'm taking my biocube down so I will have to live vicariously through you!

yay! You'll be done before you know it! Cant wait to see what you do with this tank. So many options and fish to chose from. :) I'm taking my biocube down so I will have to live vicariously through you!

I can't wait! Tonight we should be trying out the RODI again!

Yes, there are a lot of options, I really do love some of these cute small fish.

Since I don't have a big tank anymore, I can love vicariously through your 180g!

What do you guys think of Dr. Tim's One and Only? I know bottled bacterias are normally frowned upon, but I believe I have heard good testimonials about this one.

If I were to use no LR to cycle, I feel like the cycle would tank a really long time!

Thanks for any input!

Back
Top Bottom