Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-10-2014, 11:53 PM   #191
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes, indeed! Guess what? I was actually able to get that salinity solution! Now I can fix up that refractometer for hypo.

How is your serpent star doing today? My old friend's father had a species of serpent, it was SO COOL to watch when it ate. It would stick it's arms up, and curl them around the food.

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:58 PM   #192
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I had a striped one but it lost its legs within a day of going in the tank. :-( I went back tot he store for more goodies and told the guy and he gave me a free red one, which is very cool.
Havent had a chance to feed him yet, he just puts out a leg here and there. BUT the serpent in the 180g came out today and I got to feed him pellets. He had each leg rolled over a pellet and was jamming them into his mouth, it was quite amusing, he couldnt eat them fast enough. lol I know he eats but never saw him eat that much at once.
You should consider one for the cube, for starfish they are in my opinion one of the hardiest ones and easy to keep too. Not to mention the fun it is to feed them.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:10 AM   #193
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think I will definitely add one! They seem to come in a great variety too!
Old 03-15-2014, 11:39 PM   #194
Aquarium Advice Freak

I agree. I kept one in my cube for years.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #195
Aquarium Advice Freak

Are stars hard to keep in tanks?
Old 03-16-2014, 04:24 PM   #196
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Not at all. Ive had a few and they almost always stay in the rockwork.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:05 PM   #197
Aquarium Advice Addict

I am looking forward to adding one! I'll be sure to post pictures when I do.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:13 AM   #198
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hi everyone.

Here is what I have been thinking about over the past few days:

Recently, I read a thread debating "sterile" systems and systems where the fish can thrive with a disease present (like ich) due to their immune system being built up. I did chat with Greg about the topic, and am pretty sure I am going to try it out. My Clown has been doing fantastically since he lost the ich about a month and a half ago, and I am thinking I should be able to continue with a healthy environment as long as I am diligent when it comes to care. After dealing with ich a few times in this hobby, I have realized that it is so prevalent, and somewhat difficult to escape from (at least in my experience).

So those are the thoughts going on in redsea's fish world this past week! I love all the different roads that people take with this hobby; there sure are a lot of options.

Thanks a bunch for tagging along, and Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!
Old 03-18-2014, 12:20 AM   #199
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Hey Red, hope you had a safe and happy st patricks!

I think i will have to agree with your intention to go about not actively treating the clown. He showed ich what, for two days when you first got him and then nothing since. I know how diligent you are with tank maintenance and I am sure the clown will continue to thrive under your care.

We all take different roads to many things but hopefully we all get to where we want to go in the end. lol How philosophical huh?

But here's hoping the clown does well and you can continue to stock your tank, looking forward to seeing this setup to start really showing some life.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:29 AM   #200
Aquarium Advice Addict

redsea's 29g BioCube Build #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Hey Red, hope you had a safe and happy st patricks!

I think i will have to agree with your intention to go about not actively treating the clown. He showed ich what, for two days when you first got him and then nothing since. I know how diligent you are with tank maintenance and I am sure the clown will continue to thrive under your care.

We all take different roads to many things but hopefully we all get to where we want to go in the end. lol How philosophical huh?

But here's hoping the clown does well and you can continue to stock your tank, looking forward to seeing this setup to start really showing some life.

I hope your day was good too! For me, I had school, and I then visited my grandmother/aunt and went to eat.

I am excited to see how this tank progresses too, lots of possibilities. This Clownfish has been a great addition, I am really enjoying him.

I bet you are glad to be back in FL! My other grandmother is down there for the winter, and am jealous of her weather.....I think I would be okay with a hot summer as long as winter isn't so bad, .

Tags
29 gallon, bio, biocube, build, cube, red, redsea, sea

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com