Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-09-2014, 11:29 PM   #251
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

As long as you laid the tank along several floor joists you'll be fine. I have my 55 and 20 sump in such a manner on a floor that was at one point chewed up by wood boring beetles. If this is fine, an non-compromised floor will do the job without issue.

Sniperhank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:00 AM   #252
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

OOO new tank alert. lol I will have to be more vigilant in keeping up with your thread.

ANything new shaking as far as the biocube? How are the fishies?

Old 12-10-2014, 01:09 AM   #253
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea View Post
I was at my LFS tonight and saw the cutest Emeralds! It reminded me of how much I love them! I am going to get one soon, hopefully this weekend or next! So many cute shrimp there too! In other good news, I am thinking a 29g-55g second tank around December/January as a second tank! I can't go as big as I had in the past because I would like to put it in my bedroom on the second floor. I really would love the 55g but just am not sure if that is a good idea on a second floor...hmmmmm! I hope!

I sense some MTS starting here! I love emerald crabs (if that's what you meant) I agree they are super cute! Here's a pic of mine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418188263.490146.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	257966
Old 12-10-2014, 01:19 AM   #254
Aquarium Advice Freak

In that biocube are you going to buy a media basket? :p

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 12-10-2014, 08:46 PM   #255
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
As long as you laid the tank along several floor joists you'll be fine. I have my 55 and 20 sump in such a manner on a floor that was at one point chewed up by wood boring beetles. If this is fine, an non-compromised floor will do the job without issue.
That's good to hear, thanks! This will be good because I would love a Flame Angel again (or some kind of Dwarf Angel) and I miss having a tank large enough for one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
OOO new tank alert. lol I will have to be more vigilant in keeping up with your thread.

ANything new shaking as far as the biocube? How are the fishies?
Yes! I am back here on AA full force. The fishes in the Bio Cube are doing well! I still have my three original, taking things slowly with this tank. Though I am SO getting an Emerald Crab soon, I so miss those guys! I remember mine up against the tank making a little heart, LOL. So cute! Oh, and their "dancing." I am coming up to my one year anniversary with my Black Ice Clown this January! WOW, time flies! The fish are behaving fairly well. The Clowns sometimes like to annoy the Firefish , but the Firefish seems okay. It stresses me out a bit, but I will keep assessing. As far as the two Clowns, they get along pretty well now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyxandria View Post
I sense some MTS starting here! I love emerald crabs (if that's what you meant) I agree they are super cute! Here's a pic of mine.

Attachment 257966
Oh yes, I just adore Emerald Crabs! I love yours! I used to have one in my old 34g!
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:14 PM   #256
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have some unfortunate news to report this afternoon. My Black and White Clown passed.

I absolutely will not be adding any more fish until I can figure out this behavior issues with the Black Ice Clown, I have never observed such a territorial Clown in my saltwater tank-keeping days.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:03 PM   #257
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea View Post
I was at my LFS tonight and saw the cutest Emeralds! It reminded me of how much I love them! I am going to get one soon, hopefully this weekend or next! So many cute shrimp there too! In other good news, I am thinking a 29g-55g second tank around December/January as a second tank! I can't go as big as I had in the past because I would like to put it in my bedroom on the second floor. I really would love the 55g but just am not sure if that is a good idea on a second floor...hmmmmm! I hope!
You could always join the 40 breeder club! LOL. I'm working on mine now. Sorry to hear about the clown.

paul87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:59 AM   #258
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul87 View Post
You could always join the 40 breeder club! LOL. I'm working on mine now. Sorry to hear about the clown.
I have seriously been considering that size! My room is pretty tiny, and it may give me added piece of mind with my large desk and BioCube also in the room! I think I just missed Petco's dollar per gallon sale, oops! It would be nice if I could get that going soon. That way I could move my Purple Firefish over as the first addition, and add my Black Ice Clown very last after all the other inhabitants have been added. Then I can kind of go backwards and stock the 29g, haha! I would think being the last added would curb her aggression towards other fish. She isn't too bad with the Firefish, but I see room for improvement!

Thanks for your input!
Old 01-30-2015, 01:12 AM   #259
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I feel your pain with aggressive clowns. My big pair are the most annoying things, to corals and fish alike. My poor Duncan can never eat in peace lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2015, 06:26 AM   #260
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

OH RED! I am soo sorry to hear about your clown, you had a nice looking fish there. :-(

Some clowns are more territorial than others, it comes down to the actual fish as far as guessing aggressiveness. Was the clown a percula mix or an oscellaris mix? I have found that perculas are a tad bit more nasty than their friends the oscellaris.
I agree on the 40b too! I love the footprint, it makes for some nice rockscapes. Too bad you didnt live anywhere near me as I will be selling off my 40 at some time in the near future.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Tags
29 gallon, bio, biocube, build, cube, red, redsea, sea

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com