Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-12-2015, 01:19 PM   #291
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks so much for the recommendation, Paul! I clicked on your link and saw yours, it's beautiful! They swim a lot too, right? They just look plain awesome. Did you have a Canary and Forktail in the tank at the same time? I love fish that have interesting resting behavior, it's always fun to observe. Thanks again!

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:31 PM   #292
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea View Post
Thanks so much for the recommendation, Paul! I clicked on your link and saw yours, it's beautiful! They swim a lot too, right? They just look plain awesome. Did you have a Canary and Forktail in the tank at the same time? I love fish that have interesting resting behavior, it's always fun to observe. Thanks again!
No I didn't have them together, and I'm pretty sure they would've fought. They seem to have their days. Sometimes they are out all day swimming and pecking at the rocks (in almost a dragonet way) and other times they may be stuck to something moving nothing but their head and eyes...watching. Unfortunately both of mine died. They were harassed a little by my wrasse I had at the time so I'm sure that played a role. I don't think I've ever really known anyone to keep one on the long term so I really don't know what's up with that. But if your tank is healthy I wouldn't hesitate to try one. I think I just had bad luck on them.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:42 AM   #293
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hi guys! I just made a new build thread for my upcoming 125g build...
redsea's 125g Build (Again)

Old 10-02-2016, 04:54 PM   #294
Aquarium Advice Addict

I haven't posted here in a while, but I have some great updates to share with this tank!

SO much has been happening lately with this tank, I'm really excited. For the longest time, this tank only had a Cleaner Shrimp and Black Ice Snowflake Clownfish in it, but so much has been happening recently. A few weeks ago I picked up a Flurry Clownfish to pair with the Black Ice Snowflake, and I am pleased to share that they have taken to each other very well, I don't see any aggression thankfully. Also, last Sunday I purchased A FIRE SHRIMP (AHHHH I LOVE THESE SOOOO MUCH, I HAVEN'T HAD ONE IN YEARS). The fella is soooo worth the price tag! It's colors are just amazing.
And yesterday I purchased a Pygmy Angelfish and Royal Gramma! The colors on those two! Ahh amazing!
I'll have a new video out soon to give you a visual of this tank. Stay tuned, and thanks so much for following along!

Oh! I also have two Zebra Turbo Snails and a red leg hermit in here!
Old 10-11-2016, 09:55 PM   #295
Aquarium Advice Addict

Things are going rather oddly with this tank. I noticed the royal gramma and pygmy have had some fin damage...so I assumed it was the Clowns and moved them to their own 10g tank to see if it got better. Today, the pygmy actually seems a little worse? Though it could be the same as yesterday. And, interestingly, the Gramma looks like it has a little more of its tail affected. So I don't think the Gramma is nipping. I never see any physical aggression during the day...the only thing I can think of is the Angel going into the Gramma's cave at night unknowingly and getting beaten up? But then how would the gramma appear to have some tail damage? IDK what is going on in this tank. I thought it was the Clowns (and it still might be, they have only been moved for a day). But I just don't know. I'll give it a few more days to see how things go before making any more moving decisions...that sound okay? I'm really at a total loss.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:31 AM   #296
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Have you been checking your water parameters? Maybe it is worse because of infection?

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
29 gallon, bio, biocube, build, cube, red, redsea, sea

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com