redsea's 29g BioCube Build #1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, great BUT where are the pictures! LOL

I loved my cleaners, they were always very active and friendly unlike my fire shrimp. lol

Good luck! I hope you did a nice slow acclimation as shrimp can be very very fussy about new tanks.

Aww love those guys! Im still scared to put any in the 180g as if you remember some fish killed all the ones I had and I still have those fish. lol

Glad its coming together for you!

How is your tank? I'm ready to fill mine up, besides the fact that I need live rock and a few other doo-dads. Do you have a protein skimmer, and what type of machinery do you use for water changes? Did you replace the bio balls? I apologize for my many never ending questions.

How is your tank? I'm ready to fill mine up, besides the fact that I need live rock and a few other doo-dads. Do you have a protein skimmer, and what type of machinery do you use for water changes? Did you replace the bio balls? I apologize for my many never ending questions.

Hi there! Everything is okay other than the fact that my Clown has ich. :( I am going to be setting up my quarantine tank soon to treat him. I do not have a protein skimmer, and I use an Aqueon water changer for water changes (only for the siphoning out part). I actually do not use the bio balls in mine.....just filter media. :)

Don't be afraid to ask questions! :)

Hi there! Everything is okay other than the fact that my Clown has ich. :( I am going to be setting up my quarantine tank soon to treat him. I do not have a protein skimmer, and I use an Aqueon water changer for water changes (only for the siphoning out part). I actually do not use the bio balls in mine.....just filter media. :)

Don't be afraid to ask questions! :)

Aw, poor clown! I'm planning on getting two, the larger one, although female, will be named Marlin, the smaller one, Nemo :D Your clown is gorgeous! Such a shame. My finger spazzed, sorry if you got a notification or something. Didn't get to finish. Anyway, are you adding corals? Sorry if you mentioned this earlier in the thread!

Aw, poor clown! I'm planning on getting two, the larger one, although female, will be named Marlin, the smaller one, Nemo :D Your clown is gorgeous! Such a shame. My finger spazzed, sorry if you got a notification or something. Didn't get to finish. Anyway, are you adding corals? Sorry if you mentioned this earlier in the thread!

I have loved all the Clowns I have/have had! They are probably my absolute favorite saltwater fish....no tank is complete without them in my opinion. :-D Personally, I will not be adding coral because I am nervous about the toxin in some of them, that is just me though. I get most of my enjoyment from my fish anyway. :)

I bet you are so excited to start up the tank!

I have loved all the Clowns I have/have had! They are probably my absolute favorite saltwater fish....no tank is complete without them in my opinion. :-D Personally, I will not be adding coral because I am nervous about the toxin in some of them, that is just me though. I get most of my enjoyment from my fish anyway. :)

I bet you are so excited to start up the tank!

I am, I am! I apologize about such a late reply. I was a bit busy. I agree. Even the tanks that are 50,000 gallons aren't complete without a pair! They are the cutest little loves. This is my first tank, and I'm striding in (with some help from my dad)to saltwater and reef! Personally, no offense to the freshies, but I find saltwater gorgeous. And since my basement is a movie theater with a bar and pool table and such, what would look better down there than an aquarium? Tomorrow, after school, I plan on marking all of the spots that I could place the aquarium. And also, coral selecting is going to be a bit tougher than I imagined. There are so many choices, and I did not know that some were toxic! I thought that they were just like plants in a freshwater tank. That was my original plan, as a matter of fact. A little 10-gallon freshwater planted with a couple of cories and maybe a few other things. Is this your first tank?

Actually, this is not, my first. :) this is my re-entry into the saltwater hobby! A year and a half ago I actually had a 125g!

Super excited! I thought I typed a reply o.o anyway, what kind of filter media in replace of the bioballs do you use?

Wow! I apologize. I did type a reply, it just wasn't appearing. And 125g? That's a lot! :D

Hello! Sorry for not replying until now. What inverts do you have for a cleaning crew?

Also, I LOVE Mexican Turbo Snails. I have had them in tanks in the past, and they are amazing with algae.

My friend, who happened to get the Biocube 14 around the same time as me, recommends astreia snails(wait, am I thinkin of freshwater?) and turbos. So, those'll be great! My plan for stocking is a couple if small fish, then one a but larger one to take the stage. Any recommendations? One day, I hope to get a mandarin, but those are a pain to care for!
Also, I just read your article on shrimp in the reef aquarium. It's great!
And corals seem to be a bit tricky to plan out.

Back
Top Bottom