redsea's 34g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think so but I could be wrong. I Think that if your going to keep corals, you should be able to not have to worry as much on the actual lighting reqs. With that light you could keep some softies but I'm not sure about anything else. A great fixture is a light from fishneedit.com. It's a four bulb fixture that works amazing. Only problem is no moonlight. I haven't heard ANY bad reviews on it yet. I own it and can say nothing but good things. It's 125$ but worth every penny. You can keep clams with it of the tanks shallow enough or is placed high enough.

redsea said:
Should I be target feeding my Feather Duster? Is so, what should I feed? Thanks!

I have never target fed mine.

"The Hawaiian Feather Duster uses the radiole to filter out small floating organisms, which it directs toward its mouth located at the center of the crown."
" It needs to be housed in a well-established reef system, as it is dependent upon plankton for its diet."
"Supplemental feeding of phytoplankton and liquid organic foods should be provided."

So just make sure you are contributing a little plankton to your tank to keep it happy. If you have corals- they will need this as well.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+504+1633&pcatid=1633

I have really little ones. They are filter feeders so I've heard that you don't have to feed them. If you want to, you could I guess. It wouldnt hurt it.

I'm talkin the big feather dusters. They need to be fed something. Lol. Bigger mouths need more food

i just recently got two emerald crabs they are so active and great. i got them manly because i have bubble algea hopefully they well eat it. i think I'll get one more for my 55.

i just recently got two emerald crabs they are so active and great. i got them manly because i have bubble algea hopefully they well eat it. i think I'll get one more for my 55.

Yeah, I really like mine! Thanks for posting in my thread!

dragoneye said:

I love emeralds. I only have four at this point though

I was thinking of getting one or two, what's so great about them? I dont have any bubble algae yet... I'm very happy about it lol.

needmorecowbell said:
I was thinking of getting one or two, what's so great about them? I dont have any bubble algae yet... I'm very happy about it lol.

Good for hair algae as well. Great cleaner of LR

Here is a picture of my Emerald dancing against the glass!

Attachments

• image-1175526110.jpg
    image-1175526110.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 91
Here are some more! This is the first time he has done the dancing!

Attachments

• image-3437599340.jpg
    image-3437599340.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 90
  • image-2231645749.jpg
    image-2231645749.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 82
Ok, I am starting to think that whatever I had in this tank wasn't ich. All traces of it seem to be gone now, maybe except for the tiniest spot on a PJ Cardinal, and I don't even know if there really is one. Is there anything else this could have been?

I will try to post some pictures eventually on my livestock and see what you all think. :)
Thanks.

redsea said:
Ok, I am starting to think that whatever I had in this tank wasn't ich. All traces of it seem to be gone now, maybe except for the tiniest spot on a PJ Cardinal, and I don't even know if there really is one. Is there anything else this could have been?

I will try to post some pictures eventually on my livestock and see what you all think. :)
Thanks.

It may still be ick. I have left a few fish in with ick and it's been over a month and they are clear atill

Back
Top Bottom