redsea's 34g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
needmorecowbell said:
Cut it in a section where there is a "y" in the stalk. In other words, where two stalks meet. Then use a rubber band and attach it to a rock. Put some mesh over it and wait a week for it to attach in a low flow area. Take everything of the frag and there ya go!

Thank you! That was very helpful!

It looks like my Xenia has grown even more. :)

Here are some photos of the tank with my new iPhone 4S.

There is even a photo of my Peppermint!

Attachments

• image-2912478944.jpg
    image-2912478944.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 109
  • image-1910830106.jpg
    image-1910830106.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 72
  • image-1138237326.jpg
    image-1138237326.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 93
  • image-3328409713.jpg
    image-3328409713.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 87
Looks nice! I ordered a xenia and hope that it is in better starter shape than the GSP I got...looks like purple paste on a rock.

Thanks! When I got this piece of Xenia, it was really grown an huge, the my temp went really high, and most of it melted except for one stalk. :) That small little stalk has grown into this.

Sniperhank said:
Looks nice! I ordered a xenia and hope that it is in better starter shape than the GSP I got...looks like purple paste on a rock.

That's how it looks when the polyps are retracted. It can take days to adjust. If after a week, no sign, I would move it to a different part of the tank with different flow.

needmorecowbell said:
Nice! How do you like your peppermint? I was thinking of getting one.

I like my Peppermint. The only thing is he is very shy, but I heard they will be less shy of there is more than one in the tank.

redsea said:
I like my Peppermint. The only thing is he is very shy, but I heard they will be less shy of there is more than one in the tank.

Lol. I have 5. They are all hiding unless I feed

Looks good Redsea! Still wanna go take your shrimp, he's so awesome! lol

My 3 peppermints in my cube dont' care now who sees them, they are out and about all day long. :)

carey said:
Looks good Redsea! Still wanna go take your shrimp, he's so awesome! lol

My 3 peppermints in my cube dont' care now who sees them, they are out and about all day long. :)

Thank you, this Fire is great! He is like your shrimp in your cube, very social! :)

TLTGF said:
I've got two peps and it's feeding time viewing for the most part

Yep, that is pretty much how it is with my Peppermint Shrimp, sometimes I don't even see him when it is feeding though.

-Greg
Good idea. Maybe the reason my Peppermint isn't out much is because my tank is very active with my three other shrimp.

Last edited:
Update:

The ich treatment is going well so far! I put the fish in QT and began treatment the 1st of January, later in the week I added a bit more copper. If the tank needs to be empty for 8 weeks that means I need to wait until March :(. Oh well, March will be here soon enough, lol.

Thanks for following. :-D

I see little bug like things crawling around on my aquarium glass. Could they be copepods? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom