redsea's 34g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi all,

I have been having some algae issues, do you think a tank blackout would be okay for me to do? Would it help at all? If so, how much time can I keep the lights off?

Thanks!

Not saying its right- but I've done a blackout with exception of maybe two or three hours a day for a week to help with an algae breakout and it helped tremendously. However, during that time I target fed the corals (minimally) to ensure they stayed happy. I also did a kalkwasser drip two or three times over that two weeks. Not sure which was the thing that did it- or if it was all three- but the diagonfillates were gone shortly after they started.

no, but a month of extra pwc's would help. Cyano is unique because of its ability to survive without photosynthesis. It can eat organics, it will just grow much slower. I added red slime remover to mine, I have a time lapse video of it. It was ridiculously hard for me to get rid of. I did 2 10% pwc a week but it just kept spreading.

Back
Top Bottom