redsea's 34g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New stuff! Again, LOL. A Feather Duster and a Green Emerald Crab! :)

Attachments

• image-3501007396.jpg
    image-3501007396.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 92
  • image-2379798122.jpg
    image-2379798122.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 94
Very nice. Don't you just love getting new critters? LOL I almost got a feather duster the other day, but I am on a budget til payday....hehehe

Very nice. Don't you just love getting new critters? LOL I almost got a feather duster the other day, but I am on a budget til payday....hehehe

Thanks for responding! :) I do love getting new critters, it is so exciting! Also, the Feather Duster and Emerald Crab are still doing great!

I had a feather duster but the worm crawled out and hasnt been seen since. :-( Part of the reason too why i didn't get one on Thursday. But I'm hopeful i can try another one soon.

I'm still enjoying the "buzz" from getting the 6 fish and a coral this last week. LOL

I had a feather duster but the worm crawled out and hasnt been seen since. :-( Part of the reason too why i didn't get one on Thursday. But I'm hopeful i can try another one soon.

I'm still enjoying the "buzz" from getting the 6 fish and a coral this last week. LOL

Speaking of the new fish, how are they doing? The lady at the pet store told me that every so often Feather Dusters will lose their head and grow a new one, interesting......

Yeah, I've heard they can drop their "crowns" but they can grow back too. Mine just literally crawled out and was sitting there exposed and then he just disappeared. :-(

As far as my new guys, they are doing very well! They get to eat twice a day now since I have the anthias in there. And the midas is getting his yellow back, I guess in shipping he got pale due to the stress. but all are well! Only another week and a half and i plan on putting them in the main tank. :) Then i will have a fully stocked 125g pretty much. Yay! Thanks for asking btw.....

Yeah, I've heard they can drop their "crowns" but they can grow back too. Mine just literally crawled out and was sitting there exposed and then he just disappeared. :-(

As far as my new guys, they are doing very well! They get to eat twice a day now since I have the anthias in there. And the midas is getting his yellow back, I guess in shipping he got pale due to the stress. but all are well! Only another week and a half and i plan on putting them in the main tank. :) Then i will have a fully stocked 125g pretty much. Yay! Thanks for asking btw.....

I am glad they are doing well and everyone is getting along. I bet you are glad the Anthias stopped chasing your Chromis!

Yep, I was worried for a short time but it only lasted a few hours thankfully. What I'm worried about now are the tangs. :-( My yellow one is quite the bossy fish and the chromis are so small...Plus the anthias is a big wuss, gets scared at the slightest thing so I'm really really hoping they all get along in the big tank. I also already have a lawnmower blenny in the 125g and I hope the new blenny will be ok. :) he is completely colored differently so i think that might be enough to avoid aggression. fingers crossed lol

Here are so updated photos of some of the new additions! The Feather Duster isn't out because I tried to cover the bottom of him up some more and he went in. Also, is it ok if the bottom of the Feather Duster is exposed a bit? I try to cover it, but the sand doesn't always stay there. My Emerald is under the rock, I can't wait for him to come out and dance like I have seen others do, LOL. ANSI. Also have a picture of my 2nd Cleaner!

Attachments

• image-4257558709.jpg
    image-4257558709.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 94
  • image-592086887.jpg
    image-592086887.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 85
  • image-80141453.jpg
    image-80141453.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 73
Love the cleaner! I so want more of them lol. :) Not sure about the duster's back end, I just left mine exposed as I placed mine in the rockwork instead of the sandbed. and yeah, the emerald crab dance is GREAT, mine tend to do it when the whites are off and just the blues are on at night, it's hilarious! They even do it in my biocube. lol

Yep, I was worried for a short time but it only lasted a few hours thankfully. What I'm worried about now are the tangs. :-( My yellow one is quite the bossy fish and the chromis are so small...Plus the anthias is a big wuss, gets scared at the slightest thing so I'm really really hoping they all get along in the big tank. I also already have a lawnmower blenny in the 125g and I hope the new blenny will be ok. :) he is completely colored differently so i think that might be enough to avoid aggression. fingers crossed lol

I think everything will work out! The Chromis have each other for protection, and even if your Anthias gets scared, at least he is about the same size of your Tang, so maybe the Yellow won't bother the Anthias. I hope the Blennnys work out too. I think they will because the Midas likes to swim too, right? The Lawnmower likes to sit down (I think), LOL.

If you feather duster is anything like mine- he will want a rock to build his tube on. I tried mine in the sand but he would just continue to move around. Finally I placed him in between a few rocks (not pinched!) and his tube is now about a foot long all attached to the rock

Love the cleaner! I so want more of them lol. :) Not sure about the duster's back end, I just left mine exposed as I placed mine in the rockwork instead of the sandbed. and yeah, the emerald crab dance is GREAT, mine tend to do it when the whites are off and just the blues are on at night, it's hilarious! They even do it in my biocube. lol

I love Cleaner Shrimps too, I love all Shrimps though! I thin the mystery Cleaner killer in your tank was either the Pistol Shrimp, or the Goby, not sure though. I think my Emerald is just scared right now, at least he found a spot where he feels safe! Do you know if it is possible to breed them, and do they molt? :thanks:

If you feather duster is anything like mine- he will want a rock to build his tube on. I tried mine in the sand but he would just continue to move around. Finally I placed him in between a few rocks (not pinched!) and his tube is now about a foot long all attached to the rock

They move?!? I didn't know that, LOL. I though they just sat where you put them. I will see what works best for mine, we will see if he moves (that means they are unhappy if they move, right). Thanks for your input.

New pictures of the tank! :)

Attachments

• image-1263021063.jpg
    image-1263021063.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 83
  • image-3414382053.jpg
    image-3414382053.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 77
  • image-468863966.jpg
    image-468863966.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 93
  • image-3607060497.jpg
    image-3607060497.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 89
carey said:
Nice shots! I wish my xenia stayed nice and trimmed and neat like yours!

Thanks! :). I hope my Xenia continues to look nice. I bought it is August, and it was huge. When my temperature got really high, most of it died, but it has expanded nicely since! Thanks for your interest!

Back
Top Bottom