redsea's 55g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone!

This thread is for my 55g, which I will be making a mixed reef. :)

So far in the tank I have: :-D

1. Assorted Mushrooms
2. Orange Ricordia Mushroom
3. Toadstool

By Christmas time this year I hope to have this tank packed with coral and inverts (I definitely want a few clams). I am going to be adding the fish and coral from my 34g eventually, and the 34g will be my QT tank.

I am completely open to fish and coral suggestions.

Thank you very much for looking at my thread!

Here is an FTS. :)

There is also a blurry picture of my Toadstool when it was in the 125g.

Attachments

• DSCF1664.jpg
    DSCF1664.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCF1663.jpg
    DSCF1663.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Bro i am jealous!! My toadstool doesnt look anything like yours, yours actually looks... Alive! Lol. In the fowler tank are you going to try and put any corals? Even cheap ones like xenia or something? Something is better then nothing ;)

Bro i am jealous!! My toadstool doesnt look anything like yours, yours actually looks... Alive! Lol. In the fowler tank are you going to try and put any corals? Even cheap ones like xenia or something? Something is better then nothing ;)

Thanks, it doesn't look that good right now though in the 55g, lol. I don't think I will be adding any corals to the FOWLR only because I want to be able to treat for ich if it pops up again. :)

Thanks for posting!

Did you guys have any ideas as far as stocking goes? I wasn't originally going to stock this coral tank with fish, but you know how that goes, lol. The REAL reason was that I was afraid of getting ich, but the more i think about it, it would not be as hard to setup a QT for these few fish if ich ever entered the tank (as opposed to the 125g).

A definite is a Mandarin (or a pair) from ORA. But even still, I don't know which kind I want. :)

The rest of the fish are all up in the air. Tell me what you think.

Oh, and I won't be stocking until 8 wks from now, just to make sure there is no ich.

Thank you very much!

I think you should add a midas blenny and maybe some chromis. I really really like my blue reef chromis. They are a little bit more $$ but they are different. :)

I think you should add a midas blenny and maybe some chromis. I really really like my blue reef chromis. They are a little bit more $$ but they are different. :)

Awesome ideas, thanks carey! I appreciate it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom