Redundancy story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anovack

Aquarium Advice Freak
Quick story that hasn't happened to me in the hobby before but glad I listened to the forums and videos.

Last night the power went out for a hour or so and I was at my gfs place and unable to check on my tank but not too worried since I have a back up battery for my vortech.

I came back and my return pump wasn't working and the ATO was going off with the sump filled up. I leave for Mexico tomorrow at 7am but luckily I bought an extra pump. I thought it would be a waste of money but glad I listened to other reefers.

Not a great post but wanted to share how lucky I am...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

wow what a way to go to Mexico, if you have someone you can trust come in once in a while to check on things, I know that would be in the back of my head the whole vacation .glad you got things fixed , I looked at those back up battery's but 35min isn't going to fix a 2 day outage

I have someone in house to check on the tank. But if this happened when I was gone it would have been a lot harder explaining how to replace the pump to the person. Maybe I should explain regardless before I leave.

I guess lesson of the story is you can never have enough redundancy haha

I'm in the states now and have left my tank in the hands of a tank sitter. I'm so nervous it hurts!

Back
Top Bottom